Does anyone have any kerosene...

Beauregard

Reaction score
...I wanna take these old pig dresses out the back and burn 'em.

Not only did I laugh out loud at this line from Miss Poogy, but I actually agree with the sentiment as I have been vying for them to get rid of a number of Piggy outfits for quite some time now. She is a star and as such should never be seen wearing the same outfit twice (If Gaga did that, her meat-dress would be quite rancid by now).

Here are the dresses that I'd love to see taken out the back and set alight -- or at least hung in a museum for posterity:

• Shiny Green Top -- First worn (I think) in the end scene of VMC where Piggy for the Kermie kiss and then falls off the stage
  • Black top with square buckle -- Worn...everywhere...but most lately in the preview for the Google+ live chat tonight
  • Leather coat with leopard print -- Its been worn for ages in various things (particularly backstage interviews) but has been officially over exposed after showing up in almost all of Piggy's online appearances on Facebook (having said that, I LOVE that there's always new material to see there...)
I'm sure there must be others...but those, to me, are done now. Please dispose of them and give her something fresh. She had Chanel for the movie! Why go back?
Bea:zany:{Fashion Guru}regard

Edit: We've also seen this outfit many times since it debuted (I think) in the Give a Day campaign: Here. Although it is a nice outfit.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I agree that they don't seem to have an extensive enough wardrobe for our favorite diva. When she appeared on Craig Ferguson, her dress and hair were rocking. She even had good fashion banter, then. And while she looked tres manifique on The Tonight Show, the red skirt (while new, I know, for the movie) was a little frumpy since we know she has great legs and she just showed those dimpled knees off in In Style. Piggy used to have a new outfit every time you turned around, and I can't believe she's stopped trying to...er...bargain for a bigger wardrobe budget.

I don't mind the black and white ruffly dress, but I'm with you on the others--not because I don't like the outfits, but because they have been overused. I'm not trying to be critical of what they've done--I just want them to do MORE OF IT! When I was in graduate school and desperate for extra money, I used to do overnight sewing for people. I took their measurements, their pattern and fabric and thread, etc., home with me one night and returned a finished dress the next day. Surely there is no shortage of amazing designers who would like to dress Piggy's delectable form? Heck--If Disney asked me, I would make Piggy a new outfit every night for a month. I'm currently working a pink leopard-print coat, a green vinyl go-go dress and a leopard-print bikini just for my Miss Piggy doll

But as tired as I am of the rerun clothes, I'm ready to go to war over those Barbie-hairdo wigs. Dreadful. And Piggy even appears to be wearing one in the Paris scenes in the new movie, but I'm going to get over it because by the time she's backstage practicing for her big dance number with Pepe, she's got her golden tresses flowing again. Her hair on The Tonight Show was just gorgeous, and she looked like her old, glamorous self.

I can't wait to see her in all her glory in the new movie. (But if Piggy needs a seamstress, email me, Sweetie--I'm yours for the asking!)

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i can shes a her im pretty sure lol and from the clips just her atutude

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Wardrobe always matters to a lady, even when it focuses on what she's not wearing. Incidentally, this seems as good a place as any to bring this up. I've been watching old videos from TMS and Piggy had not only a lovely and diverse wardrobe (okay--every dress was not a winner, but most were) but was obviously already in possession of what she called "enhancements" the other evening on The Tonight Show.
So the fact that we now want Piggy to be voluptuous AND expertly and stylishly dressed (and coiffed) simply means that we want what we already had. Piggy in the later seasons of TMS was a fashion force to be reckoned with on top of first-rate, golden flowing tresses and lovely, um, make-up. (Just to accentuate your natural beauty, Sweetie--don't get miffed.)
Here are some things I've seen so far that encourage me:
Her hair and make-up on The Tonight Show were wonderful. I liked the jacket, but I liked it better with the SHORT red skirt they paired it with on the Disney website.
I like that her hair changes to a more natural look at the theater from the more stylized blunt cut that we see on her in Paris.
I mostly like the clothes I see from the new movie, and I love the characterization of her as someone capable of running the fashion division of a large, iconic fashion magazine. And, one presumes, speaking real French.
The peek of fishnets and high-heeled Mary Janes when she launches herself at Kermit. (I'm hoping she plants one on him that wakes him up from the romantic coma he's been in.)
Her classy walk and the tink-tink of high heels that accompany it in all the clips we've seen.
The same mix of brashness and sweetness that I always associated with Piggy in the TMS days--able to get what she wants by fluttering her eyelashes or a mean left hook (or should that be hoof?).
Her ability to deal with Poogie as the interloper and imposter that she obviously is.
That she chooses to come back to the theater (and maybe Kermit?) when she could so obviously make it on her own.

Okay, I'm done gushing for a bit.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Wardrobe always matters to a lady, even when it focuses on what she's not wearing. Incidentally, this seems as good a place as any to bring this up. I've been watching old videos from TMS and Piggy had not only a lovely and diverse wardrobe (okay--every dress was not a winner, but most were) but was obviously already in possession of what she called "enhancements" the other evening on The Tonight Show.
So the fact that we now want Piggy to be voluptuous AND expertly and stylishly dressed (and coiffed) simply means that we want what we already had. Piggy in the later seasons of TMS was a fashion force to be reckoned with on top of first-rate, golden flowing tresses and lovely, um, make-up. (Just to accentuate your natural beauty, Sweetie--don't get miffed.)
Here are some things I've seen so far that encourage me:
Her hair and make-up on The Tonight Show were wonderful. I liked the jacket, but I liked it better with the SHORT red skirt they paired it with on the Disney website.
I like that her hair changes to a more natural look at the theater from the more stylized blunt cut that we see on her in Paris.
I mostly like the clothes I see from the new movie, and I love the characterization of her as someone capable of running the fashion division of a large, iconic fashion magazine. And, one presumes, speaking real French.
The peek of fishnets and high-heeled Mary Janes when she launches herself at Kermit. (I'm hoping she plants one on him that wakes him up from the romantic coma he's been in.)
Her classy walk and the tink-tink of high heels that accompany it in all the clips we've seen.
The same mix of brashness and sweetness that I always associated with Piggy in the TMS days--able to get what she wants by fluttering her eyelashes or a mean left hook (or should that be hoof?).
Her ability to deal with Poogie as the interloper and imposter that she obviously is.
That she chooses to come back to the theater (and maybe Kermit?) when she could so obviously make it on her own.

Okay, I'm done gushing for a bit.
Back then Miss Piggy had someone (Calista Hendrickson) exclusively working on her wardrobe. Doubtful she has this luxury these days.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno about you, but I'm just glad Janice dropped that *&^%^&** pony tail. That was getting annoying after a while. Anything after that I could care less, Piggy's wardrobe or otherwise.

Misskermie

Reaction score
WARNING- NUMBER ONE IS A SPOILER!

1. Really love that scene! It was partially my favorite, because in Paris, Miss Piggy told Kermit she can not be replaced, and then Piggy comes back to Miss Poogy saying "Sorry Miss Piggy, you've been replaced...PERMANATELY!" That is when I was all hype. "GET HER GIRL! YOU'LL NEVER BE REPLACED! EVER!" That's what I yelled in my brain.

2. I have seen a few outfits that Miss Piggy HAS worn more than once. Like that purple outfit in Muppets From Space that had the guys starin' at her. She wore that outfit at least two times after that. And Miss Piggy DID wear that blue blouse, red skirt combo after the Muppets take manhattan too, but I don't remember when. Diva's shouldn't wear their clothes more than once.