FS- Backstage, Rowlf, Mega Beaker, Thog

Dearth

Reaction score
Hiho,

Just in time for your holiday shopping, I need to liquidate some of my duplicate items. I thought I'd offer them to the lovers and dreamers here before listing them on eBay:

Loose Thog Mini-Muppet: $10
Loose Mega Beaker: $20
Naked Rowlf (from Backstage Playset): $200
Backstage Playset (minus Rowlf, see above): $200

The playset and Rowlf are being sold separately in case someone out there has one without the other, but if you need both, act fast before someone snaps one up.

The playset is loose, no box. It is missing the original and highly fragile hatrack, but will include a nearly-identical and much sturdier brass dollhouse hatrack, manufactured by Mayberry Street. Three of the labels were applied by the previous owner; the other five are not present, but I will include a reproduction sheet of all eight posters.

Mega Beaker has some bad paint apps and is loose but can be shipped in an original, though shelf-worn box. The box had a price written on the top flap in a yardsale prior to the seller that sold it to me.

Buyers will pay actual shipping costs, no hidden fees. Payment via PayPal is preferred, though I will consider other options.

Email me at Ploovo241@aol.com for photos.

Dearth Nadir
aka Alex N.

Dearth

Reaction score

Andibcool

Reaction score
Hmm so u selling the Rowlf more expensive to forums members then on Ebay ?
So the money gain will also be much lower then 150$ due Ebay fees.
Ah well good thing i got my complete set for much less at ebay from some UK based member here.
Btw prices are really out of control i would never spend that amount of money for both items.
GL on your auction thought.

Dearth

Reaction score
Hi Andi,

Hey, thanks again for hooking me up with the guy who had the extra comic book for sale.

Hmm so u selling the Rowlf more expensive to forums members then on Ebay ?
You make it sound like I'm somehow mistreating my fellow Muppet fans, and I take umbrage at that, considering I'm the one who immediately announced the auction here and let everyone know the new price.

Yes, I did lower the price. Once I looked at the prices of completed auctions, and saw that my desired $200 was higher than the unsold asking price of a Naked Rowlf directly from Ken Lilly, I decided to adjust.

I also luckily found my original invoice from when I purchased that Rowlf, and it was lower than what I remembered, so I didn't see any need to gouge anyone. I just want to make enough to cover what my original outlay was.

This is a competitive market; driving the prices down is what's supposed to happen, to the benefit of the consumers.

(I seem to recall you did something similar, offering a figure for sale here for one price, then putting it on eBay for a lower Buy It Now.)

So the money gain will also be much lower then 150$ due Ebay fees.
Again, if you'll notice, despite stating that I have a financial need to liquidate my duplicate items, I did offer the items here first for over ten days to give my fellow Muppet fans a chance to buy them free and clear.

No one expressed any interest, so I had to broaden the scope of my advertising, via eBay. And it worked. Since last night, there have been seven bids on the Rowlf and one bid on the Thog.

With the wider reach of eBay, unfortunately, do come the inevitable fees, yet I am able to touch far more potential buyers this way, so it was a necessary evil. It's also why I can't sell Rowlf for less than my reserve price, or else I am going into the hole due to the fees.

Ah well good thing i got my complete set for much less at ebay from some UK based member here.
We've all gotten great bargains on Muppet stuff. When the stuff was available here at retail, I bought practically every figure brand-new on clearance prices at Suncoast. Even after Palisades went kaput, there are always great deals to be had.

There are also items that command higher prices, as you know. Some collectors have the means to pay those prices, others don't. And in today's economy, that can change at any time. I wanted the Backstage playset and Rowlf very badly at a point in time when I had more disposable income. When better deals came along, I bought them a second time for less.

Now I find I must part with the originals... and naturally, I am asking a price that reflects the same amounts that I paid for them.

Btw prices are really out of control i would never spend that amount of money for both items.
GL on your auction thought.
To each his own. I can't bring myself to pay the exorbitant prices of the variant figures which never appeared on the show. But I did plop down several hundred bucks to get an iconic character like Naked Rowlf and the backstage set seen in nearly every episode of the Muppet Show.

Still, unless there's a warehouse find or Palisades miraculously reforms and begins producing reissues, I don't think the prices are going to go down anytime soon.

Actually, speaking as a Muppet customizer, I kinda wish the prices would go down. I'd love to customize a Backstage playset... add working doors, expand the exit area for Pops... sigh.

Dearth
aka Alex

Andibcool

Reaction score
Well i did not put a fig up for sale here and also not on Ebay.
I did buy some figs from some members here but most i got the last 2-3 years only off ebay.

When i would sell something i would put in my asking price and if someone wants it for that price i sell it to him.
On ebay i would add at least 20% more of the asking price because of the fees.

So i never had the opotunity to buy the Muppet figs when they came out and even if i had it would cost me much more then you did pay.
Selling something oversea from germany is also very expensive because of the high shipping costs.

Let me know if you looking for some Zoids or Neo-Geo Games from my huge collections.
That stuff i do sell.

Dearth

Reaction score
Well i did not put a fig up for sale here and also not on Ebay.
My bad, I had my wires crossed, and was thinking of someone else.

Dearth
aka Alex

P.S. Rowlf has sold; ironically after fourteen bids, the highest bid came out to exactly the same as my Buy It Now of $150.00!

Dearth

Reaction score
Rowlf, Thog, and Mega-Beaker were all shipped to their new owners today.

I'll be listing the Backstage Playset on eBay in the next couple of days.

I can't go much lower than $200 on this one, though, or I'm losing money on the deal.

Still, if anyone wants to make an offer, let me know quickly.

Alex/Dearth

Muppetaz

Reaction score
hey Dearth, are you still selling the backstage?