Is there a book on the making of TGMC?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have come across book cover art work for The Great Muppet Caper-The Making of the Masterpiece.It pictures kermit and Animal wraped around in film tape.I have never seen this book or any book dealing solely in behind the scenes of this movie, only story picture books.Has anybody actually seen a behind the scenes book?
just found some information about it on Muppet wiki-apparently it is a fictionalised book on how the movie idea came up.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I have it!

It is a make-belive making of, not a great deal of stuff in it, although I have not looked at it for ages, there is a nice picture of Kermit and Piggy that I have not seen before.

I am in the process of moving house, so when I am more settled I will try and send you some scans.

Chris

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks.Actually, I have now found a online place that sells it and have just ordered it.I was hoping to find a full length picture of Miss piggy in her prison outfit, but sounds like it is not in there?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Has the book arrived yet? What do you think of it?

Chris

muppetperson

Reaction score
No, not yet.It says it should arrive by Sep 2! rather a long time.Hope it is not a scam and they put that long so that paypal's 45 day protection expires.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Darn it, my order has been cancelled because it is unavailable.Wish they wouldnt waste my time by being hungry for an order they dont have in the first place.Back to the drawing board.

muppetperson

Reaction score

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Hmm- Alibris has generally been pretty good when I've used it in the past. But it's been a good while since I've ordered from there. I will say Abebooks is pretty reliable- I've ordered a good bit from there and can't recall any bad experiences. They have a really good selection from all their used book dealers that post listings there. Hope you get your book soon!:smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Nooo! This is turning into a nightmare.Now I got sent the wrong book.