New Video: "Stand By Me"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Could someone send it to me as a MUP3 please? Thanks.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I recall reading a desire from somebody somewhere (either a tough pigs thread/article or a muppet mindset article) who wanted the Muppets to make appearances like in the 1960s, where people didn't know what to expect from the Muppets... I guess this succeeded a bit.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I noticed a small goof! :smile:

At the point that you see the bunnies in Carl's stomach, there are five there. But at that time he had only eaten four. :eek:

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Cool fact. Also the carrot bat was a nice touch especially when hit the bunnies with it. Seriously it was a good video, well, right next to "Bohemian Rhapsody".

Mupp

Reaction score
I found a comment on the youtube page where someone claimed that this video was too grotesque and that the Muppets are not the same nowadays.

Obviously, this individual fails to realize that this video just screams classic Muppets.

As I said before, this is just like on The Muppet Show where there would be acts that had monsters eating other characters all the time.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Has she even seen the Muppets! Muppets eating other muppets is what they do!:rolleyes:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Reminds me of the old "I've Got You Under My Skin" number from The Muppet Show, especially because of the still-alive eaten muppets singing from within. Hilarious, classic stuff!

Happy Eat-ster! :rolleyes:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I found a comment on the youtube page where someone claimed that this video was too grotesque and that the Muppets are not the same nowadays.

Obviously, this individual fails to realize that this video just screams classic Muppets.

As I said before, this is just like on The Muppet Show where there would be acts that had monsters eating other characters all the time.
I'm tired of both fans and non-fans claiming this. I'd hate for the Muppets to get pasteurized as in some projects before they refocused their talents back to these sorts of YouTube and Muppets.com items. Yes, the Muppets have evolved some, but they are also true to their roots. I have a feeling that even if Frank Oz came back to direct things that some people would still make the same claims. They are the same folk that write letters to Andy Rooney so he can complain about the 0.000001% of an ounce missing in todays tube of toothpaste. There's no pleasing some people. :stick_out_tongue: One thing's for certain - I'm having a great time! :super: