Issues with Character Pictures on TMS Season Set DVD's

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I don't know what it is, but, in each of my Muppet Show DVD sets the disc that has Miss Piggy's picture on it has come loose from it's holder on multiple occasions (Coincidence? I think not!). Has this happened to anyone else, or is it just me?

Davina

Reaction score
uhm.. i've never had a problem with character specific disks....

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
OK, I'll reword it so it actually sounds like I thought it did.

Has anyone else had trouble with disc's in their 'Muppet Show' sets coming loose?

ohtherain

Reaction score
I have all three box sets, and I have the same problem as you; my Miss Piggy disks fall out all the time! Maybe there's something weird going on there. Like the other disks don't like the fact that they're using current Miss Piggy instead of classic Miss Piggy. Or maybe Disney didn't spend enough money.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I think it may be the holders. I discovered that one of the little plastic teeth (for lack of a better word) had broken off! I HATE those things! I now have to keep the disc in place with tape.

P.S. Who renamed my thread?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think it may be the holders. I discovered that one of the little plastic teeth (for lack of a better word) had broken off! I HATE those things! I now have to keep the disc in place with tape.

I hate those things as well. it happened to my VERY expensive Pinky and the Brain set, and now one of the disks keeps coming loose. I really wish they used the slim pack, individual disk holders instead of the fancy fan out box..... you can't go wrong with slim packs.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I hate those things as well. it happened to my VERY expensive Pinky and the Brain set, and now one of the disks keeps coming loose. I really wish they used the slim pack, individual disk holders instead of the fancy fan out box..... you can't go wrong with slim packs.
Yeah I like the slim packs way better as well, as seen with Darkwing Duck, Futurama, and Family Guy DVDs for example.

Another problem with this type of package (in some cases such as Muppet show and Dinosaurs for example) is that you have to go though one DVD to get to some others, that annoys the crap out of me so much, :mad:.

I thankfully haven't had a problem when it comes to the Muppet show dvds with those teeth packages (as Zeppo called it), but I know the feeling of these packages going wrong on you. I have all seasons released so far on South Park as I'm a huge fan of that show as well. On my season ten set, the the teeth thing is totally broken as I think only maybe two or so remain, not at all enough to hold it for disc one. Everytime I open it that disc comes right out, than I check the dvd to make sure it's ok.

That tape idea isn't too bad though, didn't think of that, I'll have to do it. But still for the money we all pay for our favorite DVDs, we shouldn't have to put that much more effort into making sure their still playable.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Yeah I like the slim packs way better as well, as seen with Darkwing Duck, Futurama, and Family Guy DVDs for example.
I LOVE Futurama! I've never really understood Family Guy or The Simpsons. But there's something about Futurama I just get.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
My copies of season 1 and 2 have loose disc problems on disc 1 for each. Disc 2 of SST Old School, vol. 2 has the same problem. I HATE those types of DVD cases, too! :boo:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
FINALLY! Some one I can ask who will actually know what I'm talking about!

I seem to remember an episode of 'Pinky and the Brain' where they wind up in a city full of brainwashed people who are known by the kind of hat they wear.

Was that a real episode or just one of my weird TV-induced dreams?