Too old for Sesame Street

Redsonga

Reaction score
Agreed, and that's why there's no reason to not show the older clips. :wink:

But I think I was really talking about the adults who create the show, who shouldn't assume kids wouldn't like older things. :smile:
I know I liked the parts from the 70's just fine when I was little, I thought it was all new, everyday *lol*:excited:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
But to be fair, we also have a tendency to assume that things now days are so much different they they were in the past too.:wink:
Very true - lately I've taken to watching shows meant for adults when I was a kid (like Kate & Allie) and noticed that people pretty much dealt with the same issues (involving love, school, etc.) - it's just the music, furniture and clothes were different :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Very true - lately I've taken to watching shows meant for adults when I was a kid (like Kate & Allie) and noticed that people pretty much dealt with the same issues (involving love, school, etc.) - it's just the music, furniture and clothes were different :smile:
Like I always say, the nature of being human has not changed:smile:..

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Well this is how things are folks so why don't we just learn to get use to it and stop complaining about it. Cause frankly, I'm sick of it.

Let alone the fact this was not this post was intended to be about.

I joined this site to discuss old SS and not to complain about the modern day show.

And since the Classic SS section is not as busy as the current SS section or the other MC sections maybe by channeling your energy in discussing old SS and your memories of it, and not wasting time on the current series you should be able to make this section more interesting

Also since we have youtube and now the SW has a section for the old clips you should have no problem in doing that.

So let's just do it.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well this is how things are folks so why don't we just learn to get use to it and stop complaining about it. Cause frankly, I'm sick of it.

I joined this site to discuss old SS and not to complain about the modern day show.

And since the Classic SS section is not as busy as the current SS section or the other MC sections maybe by channeling your energy in discussing old SS and your memories of it, and not wasting time on the current series you should be able to make this section more interesting

Also since we have youtube and now the SW has a section for the old clips you should have no problem in doing that.

So let's just do it.
I'm sorry if you feel sick of it but... Since this topic is about people feeling they are too old for SS and there reason they may feel that way, people thinking that human nature (and SS) has changed so much that they can't relate to SS on one level or another is very much on topic :smile:.
This topic is more of an overall one about people thinking they are too old or not for SS overall than just being too old for the older SS IMHO...

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Well it's turned out to be something else other than that just from the more recent posts.

But anyway.

Most people usually outgrow SS and other kid shows and I can understand that in a way, though I also have found myself watching SS on and off past the target age.

Can't worry about other people.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Target age has never meant anything to me, I think as long as it is on, why not enjoy it? :big_grin:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score

So let's just do it.
I'm sorry so many peoples' opinions get under your skin. When a thread gets as long as this, it's natural it may stray from its original source. Just like how the Mississippi River doesn't flow in a straight line. There are a lot of twists and deviations along the way. It doesn't make it bad, and could be a more interesting journey, because you might see something you didn't see before, and learn something. Maybe the best thing you can do is go with the flow (but then, what do I know?) But that's up to you.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score

So let's just do it.
Well, then go for it. I'd hate to quote a Kevin Costner movie, but if you build it (and the thread interests people) they will come.

The bulk of posts on this thread are about the topic of age appropriateness of Sesame Street appreciation. There’s no need to tear down one thread to support another. If this discussion doesn’t suit you I suggest you simply ignore it and post elsewhere. I’m sure a Sesame thread you enjoy will come along eventually.

I still believe no one is too old to enjoy the magic of Sesame Street - classic or new. Still, nothing beats the classics. :insatiable:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well you could argue that the new large amount of classic clips on the SW site are now there because the company realized there was a demand from older fans and a need for the younger fans. That's why it's good to make your opinions known, even if something is wrong. :smile: