Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh...My...Gosh...

All I can say is...wow...He's a fan of Kermit, and said that Kermit was the Tom Hanks of his day, and that Paul Rudd is hoping to have a cameo...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow he said so much great things, and i really don't know where to start. The fact that he wants to take it back to there roots is so cool, and i think it's what the Muppets need. I think we will see the return of some Muppets that have been forgoten by some.

Rolwlf

Dr. Theeth and the band

Sweetums

oh just a lot of them lol I'm to happy to care!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
What a great bit of news! It definitely sounds like his brain and his heart are in the right place on this one. I have a lot of faith that this can be a great project!
:smile: :hungry: :insatiable:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
They can be current but I don't think they always have to be to tell a good story that everyone loves and that sells well:embarrassed:.
IMHO what makes some of the newer movies not as good is the older ones is not because the muppets are dated but because the stories were not written well. This has nothing to do with 'older' music or 'older' themes not being :insatiable: .
Yes exactly what I was trying to say. And executives historically really can't predict what will work. All they can do is take a gamble. And sometimes they're right and sometimes they're wrong. And I'm not seeing the general public rejecting older entertainment, quite the opposite.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
By being current I meant along with a good story that they have current situations, comedy and guest appearances. This will all draw crowds to see the film. I gather from what he is saying is that he is going to go back to the original formulas of what made them work while adding current talent & etc.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
YAYYYYY JASON SEGEL! I heart you.

Focusing on the frog, all riiiiight.

And that whole "the plot's top secret" thing? ONLY MAKES ME WANT TO KNOW MORE.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well that article was very encouraging, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed here, lol.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
You know what's even more awesome about this? How high-profile this is. I mean, the news that it's going to be written has been out, what five days? And already it's circulating heavily in the media. THIS Muppet project WILL NOT pass by unnoticed by the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.