Possible NEW Muppet Movie?

Telly

Reaction score
I think the Muppets and Christmas go hand in hand with each other!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I think the Muppets and Christmas go hand in hand with each other!
Indeed. It's just not Christmas without the Chinese-inspired gift-giving exchange where a gift is bought and then people pass it on to others and nor is it the holidays without The Muppets and their version of yuletide cheer.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Fraggles ought to have Halloween too, as they celebrate their own version of Christmas. :smile:

Yes, but wasn't there an episode in which Uncle Travelling Matt witnessed the Silly Creature ritual of Tricks and Treats?

Anyway, I'd love to have seen the hundreds of unproduced Muppet movie scripts rather the Wizard of Oz thing. I still think the idea of them being superheroes (that was one of the scripts, right) would have worked back then.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I'd love to see almost anything, however the writers' strike and now the impending actors' strike will probably kill off anything that might have been in the works. I hate to be a pessimist, but I don't think that "top secret project" is going to be happening after all. Just call it a feeling I have.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
*shrugs* It all depends on what'll happen following the strike.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Strikes dont necessarily have to holt productions.The Strikes are in America, but there is a whole World out there which isnt.Muppet productions have been in England and canada and partially in Australia(Fraggle Rock segments).
I would love the muppets to do a total project Down under.Disney have offices here.

King Prawn

Reaction score
In 2001 I started writting a Muppet movie (just for the fun of it) and I remember half way through I felt embaressed by what I had written so I stopped writting, then in 2002 I remember hearing this song in a movie and had a little inspiration for a scene, which after days of thinking turned into a movie. I started writting but never had the time and if it didn't feel fun to write I just wouldn't write. So basically it took me three years and I finally finished writting it, my main focus was on Kermit's character, I wanted to get him just right in every scene.

Once I was writting, I always thought whilst the Muppets were still owned by Henson that one day I might have the chance to have Brian read it and in my mind I always pictured him loving it. I've never tried too before but I know how difficult and impossible this is to do. I always thought if Brian reads this and shows the slightest intrest I'd have just handed it to him for free, that's how much I would love to see what I see in my head on the big sceen but now with Disney in charge of the Muppets I fear this will never happen, though I hope to try one day when I have enough money to travel around and try and track some people down.

Just thought I'd share this, I've been a member of Muppet Central since the very beggining, I remember joining a little before they had the MFS countdown but I've never really talked about myself. If this ever happens we'll all gather in a room and add our commentary for the DVD release:wink:

MWoO

Reaction score
You know, the Muppets need a Halloween special. The haunted house seems like a good fit for that. Lets hope!
I'd like the muppets to shy away from holiday specials. It was great when they had other things, but I don't want the only new productions to me holiday related. Once they have some kind of series or a movie in theaters I'd be fine with another holiday themed special.

muppetperson

Reaction score
In 2001 I started writting a Muppet movie (just for the fun of it) and I remember half way through I felt embaressed by what I had written so I stopped writting, then in 2002 I remember hearing this song in a movie and had a little inspiration for a scene, which after days of thinking turned into a movie. I started writting but never had the time and if it didn't feel fun to write I just wouldn't write. So basically it took me three years and I finally finished writting it, my main focus was on Kermit's character, I wanted to get him just right in every scene.

Once I was writting, I always thought whilst the Muppets were still owned by Henson that one day I might have the chance to have Brian read it and in my mind I always pictured him loving it. I've never tried too before but I know how difficult and impossible this is to do. I always thought if Brian reads this and shows the slightest intrest I'd have just handed it to him for free, that's how much I would love to see what I see in my head on the big sceen but now with Disney in charge of the Muppets I fear this will never happen, though I hope to try one day when I have enough money to travel around and try and track some people down.

Just thought I'd share this, I've been a member of Muppet Central since the very beggining, I remember joining a little before they had the MFS countdown but I've never really talked about myself. If this ever happens we'll all gather in a room and add our commentary for the DVD release:wink:
You will probably find that a lot of Production companies wont accept suggestions,script ideas or contributions from outside sources due to people saying hey, that was my idea and litergation.Some may accept it if you submit it through an Agent.