Scary Fraggle Moments

Xerus

Reaction score
How about the episode where Red and Lanford the Plant ended up in that cavern with those clinging creeper plants? They were like huge octopuses that almost grabbed Red, until Lanford saved the day in the end.

beigefraggle

Reaction score
The River of Life had its scary moments, but nothing ever bothered me as much as "Wembley and the Mean Genie" when the Genie hypnotizes all the Fraggles except Wembley. They all lined up in ranks acting like they'd just returned from a Communist re-education center, and they start singing Do you want it? (Get out of our way!)

Scary. They were all like evil soulless vampire fraggles.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
beigefraggle said:
The River of Life had its scary moments, but nothing ever bothered me as much as "Wembley and the Mean Genie" when the Genie hypnotizes all the Fraggles except Wembley. They all lined up in ranks acting like they'd just returned from a Communist re-education center, and they start singing Do you want it? (Get out of our way!)

Scary. They were all like evil soulless vampire fraggles.
Absolutely true!

beigefraggle

Reaction score
Some of the Fraggles found Marjorie frightening. Boober especially. *wink wink*

She was much more frightening early on in the series, in my mind. Back when she was sort of dimwitted and dangerous. She is monstrous when you first look at her, a sort of motley Jabba the Hutt. But deep down she's a big cuddly mother-figure.

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
I thought the episode was cool, but I was a little spooked by the episode where Junior Gorg attempts to smash - and then blow up - Fraggle Rock...I forget the episode name. What scared me in a sad way was when Red sang at the mouth of the tunnel to the Garden. It was scary in a really really sad way...but hey, I was a tyke. It still gets me though, mainly how the puppeteers play so well that they disappear into the character. Karen....man.

Just my thoughts. Scary and sad at the same time.

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
...and yeah, "Wembley and the Mean Genie" - that Commie-march semblance was eerie. Eerie. Still, a fun fun episode though. But they were all great.

EmilyFraggle

Reaction score
I know what you mean

I know what you mean Camilla, man those gorgs scared the **** out of me!

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one touched on this more, but the freakest thing I've seen on Fraggle Rock was the aforementioned Terrible Tunnel. Wembley goes through it and sees ghosts, and hears weird voices, and then there's that weird rock formation that looked like teeth, and chewed things.

I haven't seen the episode since I was, like, 5, so my memory's a little fuzzy on it.:smile: I do recall that it was made clear that very few fraggles came out of that alive..:confused:

tallnikky

Reaction score
How about that weird from creature from "Junior Sells the Farm". That guy gave me the creeps...and he would always pop out of nowhere with some crazy sound effect. I think he was a frog but I don't know if he had a name. :embarrassed: