Remembering Bob McGrath (June 13, 1932-December 4, 2022)

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just announced on Facebook...

Bob McGrath lived an incredible life of 90 years and was just as kind and caring in real life as he was on Sesame Street. Bob was faithful to Sesame Street from 1969 until today. His incredible music will continue to be enjoyed by children (and adults alike) for generations to come.

Last edited:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I have no words, but just sadness and thankful for all the musical moments he has given us over the years. Rest in Peace Mr. McGrath and thank you for showing us the people in the neighborhood.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Came over here after finding out the news from genxistentialcrisis on TikTok. I'm gutted; absolutely gutted.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
There are no words to express what finding out this news means. My thoughts are always voiced by that Sesame promo that used to air on Noggin, how through the various decades "there was always Bob!"

At least he passed in his sleep surrounded by his family and loved ones. We'll ring the dark bell for the newest soul to join Jim and the rest of the crew watching down from above.
*Using softest singing voice: Rest In Peace. :sing:

wiley207

Reaction score
Oh, man! It's bad enough that Emilio Delgado (Luis) dies this spring, but now Bob McGrath too? R.I.P. to two prominent male "Sesame Street" figures from my childhood... :cry:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To truly understand just what a golden voice Bob had, I recommend people find and listen to the song "The Boy From Indiana", the ending refrain will probably give you the same feels that listening to "Goodbye, Goodbye" sung by :smirk: elicits.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
You know, for several minutes before I discovered the news about Bob's death, his vocals in "The Sun Shines" was playing in my head.

He, along with Loretta Young (who played Susan), were the two original cast members when the show debuted in 1969. Hard to imagine that of the 1970s/early-1980s cast lineup, only five actors/actresses - Loretta Young, Roscoe Orman (Gordon), Sonia Manzano (Maria), Buffy Sainte-Marie (Buffy) and Linda Bove (Linda) - remain.

Sad loss in the world of children's entertainment. He will be missed by many children and adults.