Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's need seeing all those scans from the script page. I had read that the scripts for seasons 1-16 include the first appearance episode numbers for segments, I thought it was just the number (which is the case with an early draft of episode 1257), but when looking at this, there's some additional numbers after the episode. But considering the scripts number each segment in sequential order, it must be the item numbers in the scripts they debuted in.

I thought I was told that the scripts always have something to make it clear that it's the first appearance of a sketch, I was told that before it was confirmed that the "trusted sources documents" were scripts. I was wondering more about that, knowing that in the first 11 seasons the scripts did not list the first episode appearances of film or animation inserts, I know the first appearances of many but not all segments just list a title, and couldn't quite tell how first appearances of film/animation segments were determined without going through everything in order, but after watching this and seeing how titles are found, I guess it's determined by searching the titles and seeing what the first script is.
Without going into too much detail:

-Seasons 1-11 only list firsts in regards to studio pieces (like Muppet stuff, celebrities, cast sketches, and the like). The secondary number refers to the item it is within that episode. Sometimes, they haven't been right.

-The way they do that is with new studio pieces (see above) by scripting them out in full.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
I also ripped the radio music from that 1970 skit where Big V ate Kermit's radio (English version) and recreated it to a 4-minute loop without the voices/SFX.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
finally, been waiting to see this once again
She has such a beautiful voice.

YEEEESSSSS!!!! I have been wanting to hear that intro for a long time now. Thank you Muppet wiki folks for posting this up!

(I can only imagine what you’d be like if they posted up a certain song with an orange background. :wink: )

Is it really that big a deal if we can comment on clips on the YouTube links?

After all, if a fan uploads it, the fan isn’t the source of the creation and wasn’t involved, so
The comments aren’t really helping the uploader improve or tell them what they liked/disliked.

If it’s officially uploaded by Sesame Workshop, I don’t know how big of a deal it is for them to read the comments. I don’t know who at Sesame Workshop actually uploads or picks the clips. And with so few people from the beginning still on the show, I’m sure the comments won’t be that big a deal in terms of praising/criticizing those involved. Of course I know that some specific members of the show have uploaded clips they worked on (Martin Robinson has uploaded a few clips he did, I think some of the animators have uploaded some), so maybe they’d appreciate comments or answer fan questions.

the fans can comment here, on other forums, and on social media. We don’t really need to comment on the video pages.

And I just realized, if fans were unable to
Comment on “for kids” videos ten years ago, maybe Sesame Workshop wouldn’t have gotten much early feedback on the Katy Perry appearance and aired it (then again, I think there were complaints on the official Facebook page).
I’ve gotten used to it at this point, but for me, I dunno, I just miss commenting on the videos to praise the uploaders and re-live the nostalgia. In the end, COPPA on YouTube basically just falls under irresponsible parents who don’t look after their kids, and we, the creators, are the ones thrown under the bus because YouTube can’t own up to their mistakes. 🤷🏿‍♂️

I don't know whether this is the right thread for this (I've thought of a few others it'd be good for as well, maybe), but on Scarecroe's wall on the wiki, under the "do not ask for rare episodes" note is a video showing the process of creating guides from the scripts. It is cool.

Comments are disabled, but there is a lot that I'd like to comment on here.

We technically get to see a rare episode, though most of the rare segments (when Scott watches through the entirety to know what to put in the guide) are fast forwarded through.

It's need seeing all those scans from the script page. I had read that the scripts for seasons 1-16 include the first appearance episode numbers for segments, I thought it was just the number (which is the case with an early draft of episode 1257), but when looking at this, there's some additional numbers after the episode. But considering the scripts number each segment in sequential order, it must be the item numbers in the scripts they debuted in.

I know that Scott said he OCR'd the scripts so he could search terms, but I didn't realize he could highlight the printed text and search his files. I was thinking they'd have to be manually typed in.

I thought I was told that the scripts always have something to make it clear that it's the first appearance of a sketch, I was told that before it was confirmed that the "trusted sources documents" were scripts. I was wondering more about that, knowing that in the first 11 seasons the scripts did not list the first episode appearances of film or animation inserts, I know the first appearances of many but not all segments just list a title, and couldn't quite tell how first appearances of film/animation segments were determined without going through everything in order, but after watching this and seeing how titles are found, I guess it's determined by searching the titles and seeing what the first script is.

This is also the first time I've seen how screenshots are made.

I can't decide if I would have rather this video show the process of guiding an episode they only have the script for or not. It is neat that this one happens to have an error (though in this case it's clear the episode number was a typo). Would have been cool if it showed what was done in cases where video evidence contradicts a segment listed in an episode. But with it showing so many examples of things done (like first appearance errors, examples of segments that the wiki only lists eka on, other things, the fact that there was previously a page made from the CTW archives guide), it makes me wonder if all this was a happy coincidence or if Scott actually looked at it before doing the video tutorial.
I really enjoy seeing that video, and I love Scott’s choice of an editing software. Adobe premiere has always been my go-to video editing program.

I’m so glad this one turned up online! But I’ll be honest, I really don’t think Jim’s voice fits Grover’s image, even when he was green.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I’ve gotten used to it at this point, but for me, I dunno, I just miss commenting on the videos to praise the uploaders and re-live the nostalgia. In the end, COPPA on YouTube basically just falls under irresponsible parents who don’t look after their kids, and we, the creators, are the ones thrown under the bus because YouTube can’t own up to their mistakes. 🤷🏿‍♂️
This x1000.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
@scarecroe not sure if you take requests for facebook clips but I would really love to see Cookie's cousin Apple Monster