New Epcot restaurant to feature Sam Eagle

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
This is pretty cool! Maybe they will put the great moments in american history show at the restaurant.

MWoO

Reaction score
I am torn. For one, Muppet Representation is always nice. However... Is it really representation when it's just a name and sign? Like with Pizza Rizzo. Is that REALLY a Muppet Themed restaurant? To me, Muppet Themed means a lot more than what we have been shown.

My hope is that the restaurant will at least have an animatronic or live action puppet of Sam judging the menu items or something. Perhaps they can even have him as a host and have 3 other characters as judges. Probably Chef, Animal, and Beaker which has become the classic trio to put together.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I am torn. For one, Muppet Representation is always nice. However... Is it really representation when it's just a name and sign? Like with Pizza Rizzo. Is that REALLY a Muppet Themed restaurant? To me, Muppet Themed means a lot more than what we have been shown.

My hope is that the restaurant will at least have an animatronic or live action puppet of Sam judging the menu items or something. Perhaps they can even have him as a host and have 3 other characters as judges. Probably Chef, Animal, and Beaker which has become the classic trio to put together.

You mean something like Muppet Chef America? For some reason, I prefer :hungry: competing instead of judging as he strikes me as being the Muppety counterpart to Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto amongst the ChairMuppet's gathering of gustatorial gladiators. :zany:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Is it too obvious to give Chef his own restaurant at this point?

The impression I'm getting from the article is a puppet or animatronic may stick his head out of a window from time-to-time, either to prerecorded dialogue or a live puppeteer (Sam doesn't have that difficult of a voice, but who knows how particular Disney is about it).

Too bad they never did the thing where animatronic rats deliver your pizza; everything about that seems like a Muppet restaurant done right. Everything Disney does with the Muppets nowadays feels generic.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Is it too obvious to give Chef his own restaurant at this point?

The impression I'm getting from the article is a puppet or animatronic may stick his head out of a window from time-to-time, either to prerecorded dialogue or a live puppeteer (Sam doesn't have that difficult of a voice, but who knows how particular Disney is about it).

Too bad they never did the thing where animatronic rats deliver your pizza; everything about that seems like a Muppet restaurant done right. Everything Disney does with the Muppets nowadays feels generic.
That would be amazing to see Sam at the restaurant! Yeah I'm so sad that Jim's ideas for the Muppets at MGM never happened.

Grumpo

Reaction score
Everything Disney does with the Muppets nowadays feels generic.
The Great Moments In American History (2016) was just great, to be honest. It felt like perfectly authentic Muppet fun. But then again, that time they actually brought in Jim Lewis to fine-tune the scripts.

Btw, the Bowl (2017) and O2 (2018) were perfectly muppety... But then again, both Kirk and Jim were involved.

Which shows how much depends on getting right people on board.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, I was definitely stretching when I said that, but probably the biggest culprit of generecism (new word?) is PizzeRizzo shudders.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
The Great Moments In American History (2016) was just great, to be honest. It felt like perfectly authentic Muppet fun. But then again, that time they actually brought in Jim Lewis to fine-tune the scripts.

Btw, the Bowl (2017) and O2 (2018) were perfectly muppety... But then again, both Kirk and Jim were involved.

Which shows how much depends on getting right people on board.
Kirk also directed the upcoming Muppets Now, BTW.

As for Jim Lewis, I hope The Muppets Studio will still be willing to hire him despite the fact that he’s been working on Cave-In with Steve Whitmire.

Last edited: