BOO! The "What Scared You Today?" Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Was going for a walk down the road near my neighborhood, and there was a looooooouuuuud motorcycle that seriously blew right past my ear. I ended up ducking.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Yesterday, I was helping my dad put away and organize some stuff on a high shelf (near the ceiling) in one of our garages, and he was on the ladder. I was about to go back into the house, when my dad stepped on THE top rung of the ladder, which resulted in him losing his balance. He tried hanging onto one of the lights, but it wasn't enough, so he wound up falling to the floor (along with the ladder; the light fell about a couple of inches). He wasn't hurt badly (scraped arm, sore leg...and a headache from being stressed and worried after losing his balance), but I was pretty shaken. One of my sisters and I helped him inside onto the couch, and she treated his arm. He's OK right now, however...

Today he met with his chiropractor who confirmed that he's lucky he didn't hit his head, otherwise he would have died (he fell about 6 feet)ā€¦so now...I'm just as traumatized today as I was yesterday...

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Sorry man. I know those experiences of near death. I thought my life was almost over when I got into a car accident and had an airbag go in my face.

Any Del

Reaction score
Sorry man. I know those experiences of near death. I thought my life was almost over when I got into a car accident and had an airbag go in my face.
How did that accident started if I may ask?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yesterday, I was helping my dad put away and organize some stuff on a high shelf (near the ceiling) in one of our garages, and he was on the ladder. I was about to go back into the house, when my dad stepped on THE top rung of the ladder, which resulted in him losing his balance. He tried hanging onto one of the lights, but it wasn't enough, so he wound up falling to the floor (along with the ladder; the light fell about a couple of inches). He wasn't hurt badly (scraped arm, sore leg...and a headache from being stressed and worried after losing his balance), but I was pretty shaken. One of my sisters and I helped him inside onto the couch, and she treated his arm. He's OK right now, however...

Today he met with his chiropractor who confirmed that he's lucky he didn't hit his head, otherwise he would have died (he fell about 6 feet)ā€¦so now...I'm just as traumatized today as I was yesterday...
This serves as a friendly reminder to all that there's a reason why the top rung on ladders say, "This is not a step."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
How did that accident started if I may ask?
I was just in a **** mood with the constant traffic I was sitting in that I wasnā€™t paying attention and my car rammed into the back of another car. It ended up totaling a car I only had for 2 weeks. But it was a huge life lesson.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I once nearly T-boned a driver who had the right-of-way by nearly running a red light because I wasn't paying attention. That served as a reminder of why the driving lesson manuals always tell you not to just zone out and look directly ahead of you at all times, at least dart your eyes around and be aware of your entire surroundings and not just tunnel vision.

Any Del

Reaction score
I was just in a **** mood with the constant traffic I was sitting in that I wasnā€™t paying attention and my car rammed into the back of another car. It ended up totaling a car I only had for 2 weeks. But it was a huge life lesson.
Don't drive angry.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, no, trust me, that was a huge life lesson. I was just angry with a lot of stuff going on at that time with my parents pressuring me to look for a job right after I finished college because my mental health didnā€™t matter to them (I was having so many mood swings which lasted for four months), along with having to drive a friend up to Maine at the worst possible time (he had me pick him up in the afternoon, so yeah, but itā€™s not something Iā€™m holding a grudge for), mainly because he needed a lift back home (and it didnā€™t help that his mom was being a complete ***** about the situation when it happened; but sheā€™s a complete c**t bag to begin with).