Your Thoughts: The Muppets on "A Capitol Fourth" Thursday July 4, 2019

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Celebrate your July 4th holiday with the Sesame Street Muppets on PBS' 39th annual broadcast of "A Capitol Fourth" live from the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol. The 90-minute show begins at 8 pm eastern, 7 pm central on PBS.

Scheduled to appear are Big Bird, Abby Cadabby, Rosita, Elmo, Grover, Bert and Ernie. The Sesame Street Muppets will perform a musical medley of patriotic favorites and iconic songs from the groundbreaking children's television series, currently celebrating a landmark 50 years of learning and fun.

A Capitol Fourth airs on PBS before a concert audience of hundreds of thousands, millions more at home, as well as our troops serving around the world on the American Forces Network.

If you saw this appearance, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Well the Sesame Street gang opened the show with "A grand old flag" sing along.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I liked the beginning with the gang singing You're a Grand Old Flag and forgetting that Stamos wanted to sing with them. I can't wait to see what song they're gonna sing later in the show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I missed the opening, however, what I'm watching right now has been enjoyable - nice little running gag of Stamos continually running off to fetch something and missing out on the sing-alongs with the Muppets.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I liked Abby, Ernie, Bert and Grover introducing some of the performances.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, nice surprising Lindsey Stirling! Haven't seen anything new from her in a while!

mbmfrog

Reaction score
At the very least they allowed John Stamos to sing with the Sesame Street gang.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This was a fun appearance. It was nice to see the whole gang at the end during the finale.