Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody on MC has mentioned this yet (or maybe they have, and I just haven't noticed), but SS will be doing a live stream with the Muppet Performers on Facebook this Friday at 2:00 EDT. I'm assuming this is like Matt's BTF live streams, but more "official" and more celebratory for Season 50.
Ik, I can't wait!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was surprised that pretty much none of those puppets in the workshop are the normal Anything Muppets. Some of them give me a Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss vibe, that green one looks like a cross between a frog and a Fraggle (and Martin Robinson did say that he's not a frog), kinda looks like a younger version of Bill.

I was a little surprised about that animated Sing After Me video. I was thinking these animated videos would be for songs that have had official audio releases.

Something that hasn't been mentioned in this thread, though it's not really official from Sesame Workshop, is this poll done by both Toughpigs and The Muppet Mindset. There's no deadline mentioned and they never said if there'd be an article on the results (but there are prizes): http://www.toughpigs.com/somebody-come-and-poll/

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
There's no deadline mentioned and they never said if there'd be an article on the results (but there are prizes)
I messaged Joe last night because I wanted to ask him something and while I was at it, I asked him about the poll. He and Jarrod are still going through all the polls so they can find a way to report on the results. They were hoping to share them this week, but it may not be until early May (which is coming immediately). Once they're done, they'll announce the winners.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought of something that would make a real crazy idea for the 50th anniversary: A massive clip montage of every single scene, in chronological broadcast order, each scene lasting maybe a second or so, maybe also every shot of the episode number (though that'd be a little awkward since season 7 didn't have the episode numbers on-screen). That would be beneficial to Muppet Wiki, as there'd be screenshots for every scene, especially now that they've got scripts for probably every episode so they can figure out the scenes based on chronology and what comes next (just figure out what segments are actually debuting in that episode).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I honestly thought they were going to do something like that here a while back on YouTube: a 50 second long video with a clip from each of the previous 50 years, each clip lasting only a second.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I honestly thought they were going to do something like that here a while back on YouTube: a 50 second long video with a clip from each of the previous 50 years, each clip lasting only a second.
There was that "fifty years in fifty seconds" video where I thought it'd be one-second clips from each season, only to be surprised to see so many clips within the same video footage/shots.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm surprised that the Mad Painter clip notes Stockard Channing but not Paul Benedict. I don't think he was known at the time, and I'd expect his role as Mr. Bently to be notable enough.

Some child actors who I didn't realize were on the show before they were famous (and they're ones whom I keep forgetting the name of).

I wished that the Molly and Rafael clips were ones we hadn't seen, but I feel the quality looks a little better than on the Old School DVD (I guess they're HD upgrades).

Would have been great if they'd included that park film with Brian Dole Murray and Richard Beltzer. The people at Muppet Wiki figured out it was them, it would have been great to have seen an official acknowledgement from Sesame Workshop.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Looks like they've extended the deadline for that Sunny Days sing-along video, because they just posted about it on Facebook again yesterday, and the last they posted anything about it, the deadline was (supposedly) March 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.