Have you met any celebrities?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Musicians (sit down, this might be a while):
Roger McGuinn, Chris Hillman,(Byrds), Jorma Kaukonen, Paul Kantner, Jack Casady (Jefferson Airplane), Arlo Guthrie, Richie Havens, John Mayall, Robert Fripp (King Crimson), Leslie West, Noel Redding, Buddy Rich, Dana Owens (who later became Queen Latifah).

Comics: Tim Allen, Jeff Dunham, Jimmie Walker, George Carlin
Many Sesame/Muppet people, but Caroll Spinney tops them all.
What was it like meeting Tim Allen?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I was about to say, I can't pick because I loved everyone I came to meet. But I loved meeting Rob Paulsen . I'm a huge fan of Animaniacs and meeting him is like becoming an instant friend with him. He gives great hugs when saying goodbye to him too.
I was surprised that Tress is not on the list.

Last edited:

Any Del

Reaction score
Next month I'll be going to Comic Con! So most likely I'll be meeting Sean Schemmel and/or some popular YouTubers there!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
What was it like meeting Tim Allen?
Very nice. His act was very raunchy (this was 1990, no Home Improvement yet, no Santa Claus, no Buzz Lightyear, none of that yet). But he was very nice, no arrogance. But he was very excited because everybody knew he was going to be big. Not just as a comic, but bigger than that. But nobody could have dreamed how big his career would become.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Cool! Meeting Tim is on my to meet list. I hope he comes to New England someday....

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So with December creeping in and 2018 slowly coming to the end of the road (thank God), in spite of how crummy this year has been for me, I just want to say I'm very honored to have had the privilege to meet all these wonderful people this year, whether you consider them celebrities or not.

Caroll Spinney (and his wife Debbie):

Steve Whitmire:

Frank Conniff and Trace Bealieu:

Jason Marsden:

Tara Strong:

Veronica Taylor:

And Levar Burton:

And of course, the autographs I got from most of them.

Meeting them all put a huge smile on my face, and I thank them all for making my 2018 a little special in the end. :cool:

fragglevision

Reaction score
Never met anyone personally but had at least two close calls:
-I won some 3D glasses autographed by cast members of My Babysitter's a Vampire in a contest once (this was in tandem with some 3D flash game that was based on the show).
-Interacted with a few Muppet people when I was active on Twitter. In one notable instance I got Stephanie D'Abruzzo to send a shout out to a theatre company in my area that was doing Avenue Q!