"The Happytime Murders" premieres August 24, 2018

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I just came back from seeing the film, and I liked it. I liked the idea of puppets having to prove that they're equals to humans, I like the idea that sugar and syrup are drugs in the puppet world. And really, there's not as much sexual stuff as I was expecting, just two scenes and you don't even see their private parts. Plus there were a few heart-warming moments. I really think the trailers don't do the film justice.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Funny how the first few posts discuss how bad the film is, and suddenly everyone is saying that it’s actually quite good.

Don’t dismiss this film quite yet folks. I’m surprised people are so seriously hanging onto the words of reviewers anyway. Remember, Roger Ebert wasn’t big on Die Hard, and while this is not Die Hard, it’s still a film that should be viewed by everyone and then decided upon whether it’s bad or not.

The reviewer’s opinion is nothing compared to yours.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I rather quite like this review, despite me not haven seen the movie yet:

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Actually just rewatched it on 123Movies

I really like the film

The puppetry is unbelievable- how Phil manages to blow smoke amazes me.

Mellissa was extremely funny

Kevin, Drew, Victor and Dorien are all fantastic with their characters. Larry is a really likeable character (when I originally thought he was the murderer) Victor did a great job with him. So good to see Kevin puppeteering again he was a great Lyle and Mr Bumblypants

But bill was MVP HE WAS FLIPPING BRILLIANT

I did feel Joel Mchale and Elizabeth Banks were underused. And I thought Maya did a fantastic job as bubbles

Good thing is that the rotten cotten girls didn't have a role. Their only lines were the ones seen in the trailer.

Overall fantastic film

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I managed to find a torrent of the movie (recorded inside a theater). My reaction so far: