The Classic Electric Company Memories Thread

Xerus

Reaction score
Here's another of my Electric Company's Letterman episodes memories. "Here Comes the Fudge." We see the Spellbinder in a courtroom in front of a judge for his crimes of "Bad Spellings." The judge shouts, ORDER! and the Spellbinder goes, "I'll have a glass of prune juice." The judge tells SB to take the stand. SB rips the stand off the floor and starts to take it home with him. The judge shouts, "Stand on the stand, understand?!" SB tries to tell the judge that he's innocent, but the judge still declares him guilty. So SB changes the J in JUDGE into an F turning him into a block of FUDGE with eyes and glasses. SB laughs as he goes to the court's snack room and starts gobbling down pies. Then had another idea and magically creates an elephant with a sweet tusk to eat the poor fudge. But Letterman leaps out of the jury box and scares the elephant away with a POOF. Letterman removes the J from his sweater and turns the fudge back into a judge. The judge shouts, "HE'S GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY!" Letterman replies, "He certainly is, your honor, he certainly is!" The angry Spellbinder just throws a pie in Letterman's face.

Xerus

Reaction score
This song was totally hip. Teaches about TION and the environment.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It's also cool when TEC makes references to its own skits.

Early on was a cartoon voiced by Mel Brooks insisting "I am very cute!"
Then under his breath,"Boy, in order to get a compliment around here, you really have to work for it!"
Tough gig, Mel.

Cue a barbershop scene. Skip Hinnant's the barber, Morgan Freeman is getting a shave.
Halfway through, Morgan screams "Ow! I am very cut!"
At first we think it's a lesson on Silent E with Skip insisting, "No, you mean cute!"
"No, I mean cut!" argues Morgan.

To test the sharpness of his razor, Skip has a few balloons strung up with faces painted on them. He actually lathers one up with shaving cream, starts to shave it
"POP!!!!!" Gives us the thumbs up, "Sharp blade!" 8)
Gets back to Morgan, "Say, you really are cut, but you're still kinda cute!"
Morgan walks out, dripping blood. "Boy, in order to get a compliment around here, you really have to bleed!"

No tip for Skip.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I want to find the one with Oscar The Grouch, but cannot seem to find the video anywhere.

Xerus

Reaction score
I can't find the Oscar guest spot either. But here's the one with Big Bird in it.

Xerus

Reaction score
Does anyone remember this skit? We see a king played by Morgan Freeman lying in bed. And his servants, played by Jim Boyd and Luis Avalos were in the kitchen preparing the king's breakfast. Until they spotted a note from the king saying, "Bring me my breakfast in bed." The servants couldn't read the breakfast part, but knew it started with BR. At first, they thought it was BRICKS, so they collected a pile of bricks from the chimney, placed them on a tray, approached the king and said, "Your Majesty, your bricks in bed!" And they dumped the bricks on the poor king's lap. The angry king said calmly, "I suggest you go back and READ THAT NOTE AGAIN!" The servants tried to think of another BR word and though BRANCHES. They went outside and cut some branches off a nearby tree, placed them on the same tray, and approached the king saying, "Your Majesty, your branches in bed!" And they dumped the dirty branches all over the poor king and now his bed was full of bricks and branches. The even angrier king replied, "I'll give you a hint, IT'S SOMETHING YOU EAT!" The servants tried to think of a BR word you eat and thought, BROCCOLI! They approached the king with a tray of broccoli and dumped it all over the king. The frustrated king said nothing and started nibbling on the broccoli while lying in a bed full of bricks, branches, and broccoli. The servants return to the kitchen and said, "I wonder when he's going to eat his breakfast?"