Steve Whitmire 2018 Convention Appearances

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm gonna try and get some tickets and hopefully meet Steve....

My poor bank is gonna hate me this year.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As promised, here's my details of meeting Steve Whitmire at the Knoxville Fanboy Expo:

As it turns out, he was having a panel Saturday afternoon, so that was the day I went so I could sit in on it. I have to say, I actually enjoyed Steve's panel a little more than the Sesame Panel last October - while the Sesame Panel was fun, most of the questions were already pre-planned by the moderator, so audience participation was rather limited; with this panel, since it was just Steve, and a smaller crowd who asked almost all of the questions, it felt a lot more intimate and personal. Of course, I managed to capture the panel for posterity, and you can even hear me asking about Jim Lewis and Joey Mazzarino at the 14:16 mark:

Afterwards I went downstairs to meet Steve, and . . . just about couldn't find his table! Last year, the Expo was limited to just one ballroom, but this time, they used both of them, so the area was huge, and I had to walk around a couple of times to finally find his table, lol. He was such nice, warm guy, we talked briefly about the characters he performed, such as Bean Bunny and how he went from being the main protagonist of Bunny Picnic to basically being the constant victim of the Muppets' brutality for being so ridiculously cute to the point of being obnoxiously cute, lol. We also talked about our shared passion for puppetry, and how it was the Muppets who got us into - he even actually recognized my name! Well, mainly because of that other MSNBC guy with a very similar name, lol. But anyway, I brought my DST figure package for him to sign, as well as my Kermit and Ernie plushes for a picture:

It was such a great experience, and Steve is a really nice guy, so if any of you out there have the opportunity to go to a con to meet him, act on it, because you will have a great time!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aww gee. I just realized there was something I meant to ask him at his table (not at the panel, since it's apparently supposed to be hush-hush), but in my excitement of talking to him about other things, I just forgot, lol.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Aww gee. I just realized there was something I meant to ask him at his table (not at the panel, since it's apparently supposed to be hush-hush), but in my excitement of talking to him about other things, I just forgot, lol.
What were you going to ask, kind of curious

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If he could confirm what Terry Angus has said about why we've been seeing considerably less of Rizzo (and other Muppet rats in general) in more recent Muppet projects.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If he could confirm what Terry Angus has said about why we've been seeing considerably less of Rizzo (and other Muppet rats in general) in more recent Muppet projects.
What did Terry say?