Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So an uber-conservative lady friend of mine shared a Memorial Day meme on Facebook tonight that says something to the effect of "You are not black, white, yellow, or brown. You are American, so start acting like it."

What is that even supposed to mean?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So an uber-conservative lady friend of mine shared a Memorial Day meme on Facebook tonight that says something to the effect of "You are not black, white, yellow, or brown. You are American, so start acting like it."

What is that even supposed to mean?
Maybe she's just sick of people being racist or just dividing everyone in general.

I have a dream people would listen to Mr. King's speech for once.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Also, can I just say how much this made me smile?

Yeah, never forget the troops especially maybe 1 or 2 days, and then, bam! We are back to First World Problems, and the Mainstream Media talking about Donald Trump's Tweets and another mass shooter getting alot more fame than he should.

From my friend Josh Ryan AKA Juniorfan on YouTube.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Also, can I just say how much this made me smile?

Yeah, never forget the troops especially maybe 1 or 2 days, and then, bam! We are back to First World Problems, and the Mainstream Media talking about Donald Trump's Tweets and another mass shooter getting alot more fame than he should.

From my friend Josh Ryan AKA Juniorfan on YouTube.
Amen. Even though my diabetes kept me out of the navy (at least out of any active combat) I really wish now I could've actively served when I was younger.
Anyone who has ever put on a uniform deserves my respect.
The other day in therapy I ran into a vet who served THREE tours in Iraq. Same age as me. Served in Desert Storm in 1991, went back twice.
This country forgets far too quickly the commitment and sacrifice these people made.
Same for anyone who puts on a uniform at home. Police (let's leave out white racist cops and call it a day, okay?) firemen, EMT's. We owe them a debt of thanks too. Think about it the next time you need to call 911.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe she's just sick of people being racist or just dividing everyone in general.
Nah. She's one of those who praises the police for "doing their job" everytime they kill innocent, unarmed black people, but said the one brown cop who killed an innocent, unarmed white women was "a bad cop who needs to be held accountable for his inexcusable actions" (oh, and "it's not about race").

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly, I really wish the media would report more good story cops. Like, yeah, I get that there have unfortunately been many bad cop stories with just people in general, but I wish they would take the time to report more stories on the good ones instead of constantly reporting the bad ones.

It also doesn't help that they paint pictures or only tell one side of the story. Not every African American person is innocent.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Nah. She's one of those who praises the police for "doing their job" everytime they kill innocent, unarmed black people, but said the one brown cop who killed an innocent, unarmed white women was "a bad cop who needs to be held accountable for his inexcusable actions" (oh, and "it's not about race").
I have to ask, and not just you in particular but hard core leftists in general (and rightists for that matter)...What is your end goal? You utterly despise a large portion of this country so much. Is the ultimate goal to get them to leave? Keep them quiet? You’re certainly not going to change their minds with your attitude. So again, what is the goal? Just keep up the fighting forever? Continue to blame the other “side” over and over? All the whole wondering why the country continues to drown?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think 2018 will partially be known for its shootings.
If the media has its way, yes.

Sure, Trump is an idiot and his “fake news” thing is entirely self serving. But at the same time, I absolutely do not consider the media a friend. It’s no big secret they are bias (whether for left or right). They play up unusual stories to make them seem more common than they are, essentially feeding misleading data to the masses. Furthermore, they have been warned time and again not to put school shooters in the spotlight, that it will just encourage copy cats. And time and again they ignore this warning. For their gun control agenda (both pro and anti). And also (and mostly) for the TV ratings. Much like the Internet, I can’t muster up too much sympathy for the poor persecuted media lately.