You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Huh.

Well, I guess I'll have to agree because it's just women showing off sexy costumes. Not like they're doing some kind of tease in front of you or whatnot.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
@LittleJerry92's comments of yesterday got me to thinking and it's just now occured to me that it seems as though Jeanette-type girls are actually kind of taking over the world! O.O

Or, more specifically, it seems like girls with brown hair (in varying shades, mind you) and ridiculously huge glasses are almost a dime a dozen now -- some of the places where I frequently shop or visit or what have you seem to almost always have at least two or more such girls on staff. And depending on the location, a lot of them also seem to be hipsters/neo-hippies (something Jeanette has actually somewhat become to be on the new show).

On a similar token, it kind of makes me wonder though: I know I keep harping about how I wish skinny jeans would stop being a thing, but I also wonder how much long big Buddy Holly-esque glasses and oversized flannel shirts with rolled up sleeves are gonna be trendy.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I feel like I've noticed that myself.

The "hipster" look seems to be popular nowadays....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I think it should be called "hickster," because it almost looks like hicks who are trying to look cool.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I just think those glasses without the frames are.... Well, kinda dorky. :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My mom loves them . . . and ends up always losing them. :rolleyes:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
"Honey, have you see my hipster glasses?"

"Did you lose ANOTHER pair, dear? :rolleyes: "

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just realized something . . . nowhere in America's National Anthem is the country ever even mentioned or refered to by name.

Just about every other country's National Anthem I can think of, off the top of my head, does mention their respective countries by name, some even include the name in the title (i.e. "O, Canada!").