The new What Made You Smile Today thread

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Mods: apologies for crossposting, but I wasn't sure if everyone would see this in Puppetry.
This marionette morality play by Erik Sanko and Danny Elfman is one of the most gorgeously creepy things I've ever seen: The Fortune Teller

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Enjoying Kentucky Fried Chicken right now. KFC is the one fast food chain that has never let me down. Maybe because they never tried to change things. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.
Getting a little nostalgic. When I was growing up in the 70's, the only place to get KFC (they didn't have any freestanding stores around here yet) was at a burger chain called Gino's. Big neon sign out front. Gino's burgers, and a revolving KFC bucket. You knew you were going to eat well.

Gino's puts Mickey D's, Burger King, and Wendy's to shame. Their burgers were made from sirloin, which was a better cut of beef than what you'll get from McD's. (And never frozen like BK).
Sadly, Gino's went out of business in the early 80's, and their restaurants became Roy Rogers, which in turn (up north anyway) became Wendy's in the mid '90's.

I'm sorry it's just a memory for me, and something you younger folks will never know. But a Big Mac or a Whopper cant hold a candle to a Gino's Giant.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I may be getting my iPhone 7 earlier instead of Saturday than I expected it to be.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
This awesome Smash Bros. mod that adds an all-new stage to my favorite mode in the series which is none other than:Adventure Mode:The Subspace Emissarry
I've always loved those funny little monsters you fight in that mode! The Borboras reminds me of this sarcastic fan made Star Trek character that will hopefully never appear in one of the real movies:
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/robot-chicken/snerkel-snerkel

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I finally erased my iPod Touch for good, so now I won't have to deal with that piece of junk anymore.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Heard a toooooaaaad calling today, and we finally have some sun. Should be able to do more gardening this weekend! Looking forward to planting veggies.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I received a huge birthday card from the entire last period class at my school, and even the teacher herself signed it as well!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
We were watching Robot Chicken as a family last night and they showed a sketch of those Cavity Creep characters from some 80s Colgate commercials. Mom just burst out laughing and said,
"I remember those things! They were the guys that went:We make holes in teeth, we makes holes in teeth!" and then I paused the show for a little while while Mom and Dad discussed old commercials.
That nostalgia conversation would go from one old commercial/PSA to the next. For example, Dad would say,
"Do you remember Give a Hoot Don't Pollute?" and then Mom would say,
"What about Morris the singing Meow Mix cat?" etc etc and then we went back to watching the show. It was kinda funny to hear about all that obscure kid's stuff from before my time and I might look some of it up eventually. My dad already told me to look up H.R.
Pufnstuf and long story short:I got a little creeped out by what I had seen (not to the extent of a 2 Girls 1 Cup reaction obviously, more like if Candle Cove were a real show and I had seen it online). So honestly, with those cheesy 70s special effects:I don't know what I'm getting into with some of this stuff but I'm expecting it to be weird, :stick_out_tongue:. I could only imagine my future children's reactions to Boohbah, Happy Tree Friends, Wonder Showzen, Oobi, The Amazing World of Gumball and all that other weird stuff from my generation. It will probably be funny too see, if I hopefully someday have children and YouTube still exists when I do, :smile:. Actually, I can see YouTube (or at least something similar to it) going on for a long time. It will probably end up being like TV where at least the basic concept of it is around forever.