I Ain't Doing It!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I honestly don't like the whole "gets dark early" business. I hate seeing pitch black out when it's only 5:00.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Never had that problem. The earliest it ever gets dark is 6:00, and that only lasts for just a few weeks in like mid-December through early January anyway.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I honestly don't like the whole "gets dark early" business. I hate seeing pitch black out when it's only 5:00.
Ugh, I hate that too. I suppose i'm a bit of a procrastinator when it comes to going outside, mostly because my mental clock is still somehow messed up from the longer days of summer. So the fact that I have less time to waste is hard for me to swallow.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really hate the fact we already have like 8 hours of sunlight at this point in the year anyway. For it to get pitch black at 4 after setting the clocks back is just depressing.

As for Daylight Savings Time, I heard some report somewhere that businesses want them to get rid of DST because they hate that when it gets darker earlier, it hurts their profit margin as less people come into their shops and restaurants later.

(Facepalm)

You see... that's proof that businesses are run by complete and total idiots. Daylight Savings Time is when we set the clocks forward so it's light later in the day. Setting the clocks back is our return to standard time. So they have it completely butt backwards.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As for Daylight Savings Time, I heard some report somewhere that businesses want them to get rid of DST because they hate that when it gets darker earlier, it hurts their profit margin as less people come into their shops and restaurants later.

(Facepalm)

You see... that's proof that businesses are run by complete and total idiots. Daylight Savings Time is when we set the clocks forward so it's light later in the day. Setting the clocks back is our return to standard time. So they have it completely butt backwards.
So did that episode of PPG, remember? When Professor enforced a curfew for the girls so they'd stop falling asleep in class, and then he saw that news report about is being DST, which meants they were supposed to set their clocks back an hour?

But aside from that, my state's been threatening to enforce permanent DST for years now, but the problem is my state covers two timezones, not to mention the people are already sick about the idea of having to reset the clocks twice a year anyway, so they feel like tampering with DST any further would only cause added annoyances.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dang Snowth... Why you'd post about this today? Made me think DST for 2016 was over, affecting the schedule of all the US-based TV shows I watch. And here I find out that DST's still in effect, cause everything's still airing as announced/advertised. DST probably ends next week, the first Sunday of November, so enjoy it while you still can. Like I say for years, the only thing DST-shutdown changes for me is TV airtimes, like if an episode's announced to air at 8 PM, it actually airs here at 9 PM instead, which means I'm usually up until past midnight watching the wrestline and football games. :grr:

Schfifty

Reaction score
Time for the biannual bump for this thread. Just about six days now until the springin' forward begins.

What's notable this year, though, is that this is the first year ever where March 12th will be the beginning of DST. Last time it was on a Sunday was 2006, just before the new rules officially kicked in.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ho-ly crap, I cannot believe it's been an entire decade that I've been protesting this nonsense! An entire decade of refusing to spring forward in March and fall back in November.

This says something about me: I am DEDICATED!

Sorry the rest of you mindless sheep will be losing an hour of sleep tonight . . . 'cause I won't. :stick_out_tongue:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
It's an unnecessary... no good.... ****ing evil that I cannot stand... at first. Then I get into the new time and the cycle continues. It's the Circle of Time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't care for getting used to it, because you're right, you do get used to it . . . then you have to get used to standard time again in the fall.

But, I must say, I like getting used to standard time again better than getting used to DST: when it's DST, the day feels like it lasts forever, but when it's standard time and you realize you've got the whole night ahead of you, it's pretty cool.

Then again, they say creative people are naturally night owls anyway, so that must have something to do with it. :wink: