ABC officially cancels "The Muppets"

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Alright folks. This is how it's going to work:

I'll tell you what I told everyone on Twitter. Once you've had your tantrums and your fits of anger and a good cry. Pick yourself up, get out your phones, laptops or whatever you have and START PROMOTING.

The show may be over, but the franchise is not. Share videos, songs, funny photos...anything. Show the world that we are not backing down!
Exactly! If nobody else will keep the Muppets alive, we at least can.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
With it being just a couple days before my birthday, I had so hoped this wouldn't happen. No better news just before your birthday than to hear The Muppets will remain on TV for another season IMO...

I'm devastated. I'm heartbroken. Absolutely heartbroken. I've so been loving this show and it was so great to have a new episode of Muppets on TV every week. Yes, the show had some problems but what show doesn't have problems in it's first season?!?!

This show had so many wonderful things - the amazing puppetry and acting by the Muppet Performers, the writing only got stronger as the season progressed IMO and it was also wonderful to see characters like Scooter, Uncle Deadly and Yolanda shine and get so much attention for the first time. So many people put their heart and soul into this show and it clearly showed.

So many things I loved about this show. It gave me so much joy and I loved watching every minute. I'm so sad we won't get another season of this wonderful show! I really am!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Exactly! If nobody else will keep the Muppets alive, we at least can.
Just because a show is done doesn't mean the Muppet's are dead. Far from it. The ones closest to the characters and material, and those of us who watch and read and make art and stories inspired by said characters, the legacy will live on. Just like there will be another sunrise, there will be another Muppet project.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Alright folks. This is how it's going to work:

I'll tell you what I told everyone on Twitter. Once you've had your tantrums and your fits of anger and a good cry. Pick yourself up, get out your phones, laptops or whatever you have and START PROMOTING.

The show may be over, but the franchise is not. Share videos, songs, funny photos...anything. Show the world that we are not backing down!
Not to be a wet blanket, but what good will that do, it didn't work with #RenewTheMuppets and social media and sharing videos will not help for any TV show's or franchise's fate. The film and TV industry is a business, that's the bottom line, they will never listen to the fans if it's not making them money.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Oh well. On one hand, I think it was a huge achievement that the show got to air in the first place, coming off the lack of success of Muppets Most Wanted. To see how the news about the show came out of nowhere and then all of a sudden turn into reality was exciting. The show had its faults, and I'm sure they will be rehashed endlessly on here for months to come, but it also had some excellent parts too. In the end, what I think hurt the show was that it tried to do too much at once and didn't have enough time for development. It was entertaining scenes in search of a larger whole.

PS: ABC is canceling everything. Nashville, Agent Carter, Castle, The Catch, and I think The Family.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Rachel Herrick mentioned hearing "a rumor or two" about Netflix picking up the series. I don't really know if that is indeed a "rumor" or the "what if" scenario the fans have been talking about.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Just because a show is done doesn't mean the Muppet's are dead. Far from it. The ones closest to the characters and material, and those of us who watch and read and make art and stories inspired by said characters, the legacy will live on. Just like there will be another sunrise, there will be another Muppet project.
Let me rephrase that - the Muppets aren't dead. They never will be. It just doesn't look like we'll be getting anything major from Disney in he near future, considering how the last few projects have gone over.

But as you and I have both said, we the fans can keep the Muppets alive in the meantime.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
ABC SHOWS

Canceled: The Muppets, Agent Carter, Galavant, The Family, Nashville, Castle

Renewed: The Real O Neals, American Crime, The Catch

Also Grandfathered got cancelled, which should make DrTooth happy, as well as some other FOX comedies, The Grinder, Cooper Barrett, and Bordertown. Still awaiting a desicion is Dr. Ken and Last Man Standing.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Not to be a wet blanket, but what good will that do, it didn't work with #RenewTheMuppets and social media and sharing videos will not help for any TV show's or franchise's fate. The film and TV industry is a business, that's the bottom line, they will never listen to the fans if it's not making them money.
The point is to keep the characters fresh in everyone's minds. If that means we have to play the nostalgia card for the 3 billionth time, then that's just gonna have to happen.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Why hasn't such a beloved and well known franchise gotten the same attention as other cult fanbases like say, several classic animated shows. The Muppets have a lot of history, a lot of Muppet TV shows have been created over the years such as Sesame Street, Bear in the Big Blue House, The Animal Show, Fraggle Rock, The Muppet Show. So why isn't the fanbase much bigger?

Also, Dr. Ken and Last Man Standing had better get the axe. If a good show like The Muppets goes to waste, than awful shows like those should go down with it.