Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love how they're going to be animated in each other's mediums, too. I wonder if the Fred Wolf Turtles will comment on how bulgy they look a la Homer Simpson and Timmy Turner? :big_grin:
Already said that. In the clip, Mikey refers to them as somehow being "more solid" and Donnie remarks they're in a third dimension.

I dig how they're both drawn and rendered in each other's styles. Seems there's also going to be a comic book universe (also like Tutles Forever). Shame they aren't going into 2k3 land, even though Nick fully owns the rights to it. I think the 2k3 voice of Donatello is part of the union now. He could talk.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This last episode pulled up some pretty obscure-ish Mythology gags.

Mikey imagines the Cosmic Ocean monster to be Ray Fillet from the Archie comic book. Fugitoid promises that they'll navigate around the "weird electric seaweed" all over the place in about 2 minutes. That's right. They went and managed to reference the freaking NES game and it's frustrating "Save the Dam" level.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I liked how the crossover episode with the '87 Turtles made fun of the fact that that team would often use their weapons in an indirect fashion, especially in the later seasons and 2nd live-action movie, but it was still an effective strategy for them regardless (even included '87 Raph tossing a pizza at a Kraangdroid in the exact same fashion in the original intro!). I also liked how the comic universe actually played with the medium a lot more with all the comic panels appearing everywhere, something not done in Turtles Forever.

'87 Krang with Pat Fraley reprising his role was a real treat, and it's revealed that he originated in the 2012 universe but was exiled to the '87 universe because of his extreme and foolhardy views to destroy the Turtles. I would have really liked to see '87 Shredder, Bebop, and Rocksteady appear, too, though there is a hint that another crossover ep. will be made. And they should at least recast Shredhead with Jim Cummings, who was often an understudy for James Avery once he became too busy with Fresh Prince.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I caught the Nicktoons rebroadcast, which was...heh...followed by Turtles Forever. I think this episode dealt with the subject matter better, and was able to make the one comment about the original show TF didn't. That they never fought with their own weapons.

It would have been nice to give shout outs to other dimensions, but I guess that's something they'd rather save for a sequel episode. I did like that they showed some of Tigerclaw's transportation into the 2-D realm. Hopefully that comes back again somehow.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh. And I forgot. Nice little gag they had bringing Kraang Sub-Prime into the 80's universe. A nice stealth way to get Irma into that world.

Also cracked the heck up at the Megan Fox comment, and the obvious voice actor bit about 80's Raph and '12 Donnie sharing the same voice actor.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Oh. And I forgot. Nice little gag they had bringing Kraang Sub-Prime into the 80's universe. A nice stealth way to get Irma into that world.

Also cracked the heck up at the Megan Fox comment, and the obvious voice actor bit about 80's Raph and '12 Donnie sharing the same voice actor.
There's also Mikey and his infamous grappling hook that he was forced to use in later seasons, which he uses together with his nunchaku here.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow. Those showrunners are really giving the business to Chuck Norris Chris Bradford. It's almost like they taken appoint to discredit the tough guy meme of someone who has done or said something not nice. :electric:

Love seeing how the Triceritons are actually not that bright, their leader especially. Casey laughed in his face (on a vid screen) how Mozar was demoted to Captain after the humiliating defeat at the gladiator games. It was also pretty heart wrenching how Donnie was starting to feel terrible because he's only a genius on Earth, and how everything around him is too hyper advanced to catch up. That lead to some great moments of him breaking down, but getting congratulations from Honeycutt for putting him back together even better than he was before.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, if there are at least 2 things TMNT12 has over the original series, it's that Mona Lisa now has officially appeared in the show 3 times as much and Lord Dregg is actually an interesting villain. And he now has his own action figure as well.

I just wondered something. Chris Bradford is supposed to be a decidedly unflattering parody of Chuck Norris. So, Chuck Norris starred in some bad movie where his partner was a dog. Chris Bradford mutates (initially) into Dogpound. Wonder if that's a reference or a happy coincidence.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm glad I found this thread but was too late for the beginning cause you were talking about the 2003 version but still a great show. I watch...I can't really remember which season I stopped watching cause of NickToons stop showing them in order.

I LOVE THE NEW SHOW!!!! It's really great. I'm glad to see a TMNT show that hows a little bit of everything from Turtles related media. Can't get enough of it and was really cool to see the 80's Turtles with the 2012 Turtles. I have every show on DVD if anyone ever wants them with promos and some commercials ads.