The Muppets Episode 12 - A Tail of Two Piggies

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "A Tail of Two Piggies"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nice to know that only my affiliate preempted a great episode for speculative election over-coverage that wasn't even our primary. Didn't even air the thing on the auxiliary digital channel. Just straight up speculation for 3 hours. I really hope this doesn't drag the ratings down hard.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dude, just go to the online providers and download it there, it's obvious that's where the main ratings numbers are coming from.

:halo: Churchill?
:embarrassed:: Churchill said it, but Piggy tweeted it.

ploobis

Reaction score
Once again, Another Great episode!!! :smile: :mad: :embarrassed: :concern: :shifty: :rolleyes: :wink: :halo:

I loved it when Big Mean Carl almost ate Scooter to get rid of his Newspaper! and Alice Dinnean's performance as Alynda was Cute!

oknazevad

Reaction score
Great episode. Fantastic message in a very Muppety style. Joan Jett was the perfect guest, used perfectly. And the B plot was great, too. Especially the chicken puns. Even the throw away gags, like Chip with the newspaper, were on point. Superb Muppet balance of humor and message, and a great use of the show's format. And the best part is it was spot on in feel without having to be overly nostalgic. It was definitely a modern episode without losing what makes the Muppets the Muppets.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well I'm done, it's 7:05pm and the stupid primary crap came on ugh, was so looking forward to this, stupid politics.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I was nervous about Piggy's wardrobe malfunction, but her curly tail popping out for all to see was really great as it's portrayed as far more scandalous in the show than real life, and carried along a sweet message of body positivity with her interaction with the teenage pig and the rest of the crew supporting her along the way. I also liked how the teeny tiny subplots of Gonzo's remembrance of Camilla and the new house he, Rizzo, and Pepe bought for a pool party converged with the main plot in the end. If there's going to be more than two plots in an episode, then this is the way to utilize them if you ask me. :smile:

And Big Mean Carl devouring Scooter to shut him up? Hilarious, and the first instance of Muppet cannibalism in this show specifically. Also loved the light slapstick with Sweetums knocking over the set like in a Japanese monster movie. Even the minor Muppets such as Newsman and Chip got some great lines.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
It takes a lot to make me literally laugh out loud, but when Big Mean Carl ate Scooter I laughed harder than... I don't even know when I last laughed so loudly at a joke. Nicely done muppets. :smile:

As a woman, I absolutely LOVED Piggy's story. It sucks that it sounds like a bunch of people got preempted by stupid election stuff, because this is a message that needs to be out there more. The writers really hit it out of the park with this story.

Gonzo's/Rizzo/Pepe as roommates was great (especially when Gonzo jumped off the roof) but what I especially loved was the return of Camilla! And it was nice they left it as a cliffhanger instead of trying to squeeze in a resolution. I have a feeling I'm going to love next week's episode too. :big_grin:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Here's Tyler Bunch's interview where he says this is his favorite episode and how he feels about the reactions people have had to the show. From 21:12 to 26:12: