Video: Warburton's Muppet Show Commercial featuring the Muppets

Iscah

Reaction score
You realize that you can get crumpets in the U.S., they're just called "English Muffins" instead.
Are you sure? Over here in Australia, they're definitely not the same thing. Crumpets are like spongy pancakes and English muffins are a sort of flat bread roll.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
That was fun, really weird, but fun. Liked playing spot the Muppet in the background (Nigel!).

jobi71

Reaction score
This was really an unexpected treat. So many characters. So much mayhem. I have read that there are a lot of Manchester England references (where the factory is? I guess), but it shows that it is clever, well thought out and funny. There are three additional videos you can search for - all are shorter and show a lot of the same footage. One is a behind the scenes where they talk with the directors. One is Statler and Waldorf heckling the ad. And one is a Sing a Long that has the lyrics of the song on screen.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Well I read on muppet wiki that floyd appears twice in the final scene of the song, up front in his lab coat, and then all the way in the back in his normal clothes.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
These are all just marvelous. And, from a personal perspective, the timing couldn't be better - Mrs. Otter found these posted online on the night we learned of the Paris terrorist attacks, and it was so comforting to see our old Muppet friends in action in familiar territory before we went to bed on Friday night. (Mrs. Otter even posted the original ad on her Facebook page for that very reason.)

But...Think about this...What interesting timing that these very old-school TMS-style ads are running just as the new ABC series is making its way to Britain. It reminds me of the campaign featuring "The Orange Show" that tied into the release of TM2011.

I still don't think the new ABC series should be revamped to try to mimic TMS, but it makes me smile to think we can still see new TMS-style productions in this day and age.

(That being said: I could see Kermit and Gonzo "having a cuppa while watching Coronation Street," but Floyd? FLOYD???)

Reevz1977

Reaction score
The best part of the ad for me (coming from near Manchester) are the references that are probably lost on most people. The "arndale" is the shopping centre in Manchester, the "I love bltn" mugs are short for "I love Bolton" - a small town in Lancashire, close(ish) to Manchester and the home of Warburtons. I have genuinely purchased Giant Crumpets as a result - oh the power of advertising...ahem, Muppets!!

beaker

Reaction score
holy goodness, that 2 minutes was better than all eight episodes of the ABC muppet show combined! *in total awe* Wait, Luncheon Counter Monster is back? Hope we see him, Quongo the ape, Nigel, etc in the new show.

Still not sure what a crumpet is tho. Looks like a flying disc used in an Olympic sport