Sesame Street Season 46 Press Kit; HBO premiere set for Saturday January 16, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
For all the impatient people like me,here's the unfinished Season 46 press kit:
Episode desriptions:http://www.sesameworkshop.org/season46/about-the-show/episode-descriptions/

Info on the new cast member,Suki Lopez:
http://www.sesameworkshop.org/season46/about-the-show/new-cast-member/

The new intro:http://www.sesameworkshop.org/season46/about-the-show/new-format/new-show-open-and-closing-songs/

And the new Cookie Monster segment entitled,"Smart Cookies" taking the place of Cookie's Crummy Pictures:http://www.sesameworkshop.org/season46/about-the-show/smart-cookies/

Sadly we don't have any clips yet,but those are most likely coming next month.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm. Now I'm starting to suspect that Sonia's retirement wasn't voluntary or on her own terms: SW's got a new staff, all these changes are happening, Joey left because he didn't agree with them scaling back on the Muppets. . . . what you bet Sonia's departure was over age discrimination? That's a very common problem in show business: older women lose work in favor of younger, hotter girls. What do you bet that's what really happened? The new SW staff decided Maria's too old, so they got rid of her and are bringing in this younger Latina in her place? That's what it's smelling like.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Hmm. Now I'm starting to suspect that Sonia's retirement wasn't voluntary or on her own terms: SW's got a new staff, all these changes are happening, Joey left because he didn't agree with them scaling back on the Muppets. . . . what you bet Sonia's departure was over age discrimination? That's a very common problem in show business: older women lose work in favor of younger, hotter girls. What do you bet that's what really happened? The new SW staff decided Maria's too old, so they got rid of her and are bringing in this younger Latina in her place? That's what it's smelling like.
I've been suspecting age discrimination for a long time. The kids watching the show never said "Oh I hate Bob and Gordon because they're too old". Just a few years ago Gordon was in like half the episodes every season,kids seemed to really like him,then all of a sudden they start shoe horning Chris into every single episode and Gordon's only in like two freakin' episodes in Season 45. Almost the same thing happened to Maria and is happening to Gina despite the fact that all of the cast members are very available. We know they are available because Maria,Gordon and Gina were in the backround for a bunch of episodes last season but didn't say a word.Also Bob McGrath has expressed how much he would like to be in more episodes but the writers just don't write for him much anymore. I don't really understand the Gina thing,if it is about age,because Alison is only in her forties,almost ten years younger then Alan(who is also in almost every episode). And don't even get me started on Susan,she's gotten the worst treatment out of any of the cast members,at least Bob usually gets to talk unlike Susan who's almost always just an extra.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Tell me about it: Bob and Susan's diminished presence has not gone unnoticed. I've kind of wondered about Alan myself, it seemed like he was appearing less and less while Chris was appearing more and more - but then again, I know Alan Muroaka's doing a lot of theater work as of late as a director, so perhaps that creates some scheduling conflicts.

But again, this is very common in show biz: the execs always want younger people. SW's new staff sound like they're taking a much more corporate approach to the show.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It's just so hard to get over this. The newer cast members are good and all but I grew up watching the older guys. Not only that but characters like Bob,Susan,Maria etc are very well developed characters and they bring something that seems so effortless yet so compelling and realistic to the street,something I feel Chris lacks,Mando and Leela as well but especially Chris. I like these younger guys but the originals are so much more human.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
One article said Sonia has been thinking of leaving for some time now. She left before they even started taping the season; so it has nothing to do with SW's new management.

Status
Not open for further replies.