The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Hostile Makeover"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Drtooth

Reaction score
We have to realize one thing. If this show gets canned in its first season, well...that's it. That was their last chance. MMW didn't do well because of snarkiness and a stupid tweenager friendly Hunger Games knockoff. If we want to so much as see a Kermit T-Shirt again, we have to root for this show's success. Even if I didn't like the series, I'd still wish it the best of luck. That may just lead to us getting the rest of the original series on DVD.

Unless the fans who don't support it aren't part of the (hilariously outdated and was never accurate to begin with) Nielsen ratings system, it doesn't matter. It's not like the films that needed ticket sales.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
dr. tooth. teen titans go is a pile of crap and I refuse to watch that offensive piece of ugly filth.

drteethcool

Reaction score
What i meant was i heard that Netflix was wanting to do a Muppet tv show.
so if it gets the ax on ABC, they could always see if Netflix still wanted to do it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It's the number one new comedy in the country right now. Why are we talking about the show being canceled?
I think some people are starting to take this more edgier content issue a little personally. I still say that give the show a chance let the writers get more in the grove of things,and see what happens. If your really so upset with the show why are you watching it? The show has enough support that lossing a few nay saying viewers should not hurt it's ratings. What is hurting the show are people saying that the show has ruined The Muppets when it really has not.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We have to realize one thing. If this show gets canned in its first season, well...that's it. That was their last chance. If we want to so much as see a Kermit T-Shirt again, we have to root for this show's success. Even if I didn't like the series, I'd still wish it the best of luck.
So that's why we have to bring in other writers and producers from other (poorer) shows to try to bolster the Muppets' success? Because actual Muppet writers and producers (Bill Prady aside) aren't capable of putting together a new show in true Muppet fashion?
That may just lead to us getting the rest of the original series on DVD.
Uh, that's what LTS was supposed to do. Then THE MUPPETS (2011). Then MMW.
MMW didn't do well because of snarkiness and a stupid tweenager friendly Hunger Games knockoff.
MMW had problems from the get-go: the first is the fact they intentionally made it a direct sequel to THE MUPPETS (2011), which made it gimmicky since that's what sequels have become in the last five years. Next, Jason Segel dropped out - now, he intended on doing that from the get-go, but for some reason., everybody decided they needed to turn into conspiracy theorists about why he wasn't involved, even though he explained that he wanted the Muppets to be free to do what they want after the first movie. Then, everybody was upset about the casting of Ricky Gervais, and all because he's an atheist.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If we're going on the "only old humor is funny
Funny, I thought it was just humor, period. :smile: But I'm sure some execs told Jim that vaudeville was "old humor" and would never work in a "modern" setting.

"the Muppets should pander to the preschool set" route
No one here has said that. :wink:

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Funny, I thought it was just humor, period. :smile: But I'm sure some execs told Jim that vaudeville was "old humor" and would never work in a "modern" setting.

No one here has said that. :wink:
isn't it funny that we have to keep repeating that that isn't what anybody said heralde?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So that's why we have to bring in other writers and producers from other (poorer) shows to try to bolster the Muppets' success? Because actual Muppet writers and producers (Bill Prady aside) aren't capable of putting together a new show in true Muppet fashion?
Uh, that's what LTS was supposed to do. Then THE MUPPETS (2011). Then MMW.
MMW had problems from the get-go: the first is the fact they intentionally made it a direct sequel to THE MUPPETS (2011), which made it gimmicky since that's what sequels have become in the last five years. Next, Jason Segel dropped out - now, he intended on doing that from the get-go, but for some reason., everybody decided they needed to turn into conspiracy theorists about why he wasn't involved, even though he explained that he wanted the Muppets to be free to do what they want after the first movie. Then, everybody was upset about the casting of Ricky Gervais, and all because he's an atheist.
Do you all seriously want the Muppets to fail? Right or wrong the show is a hit and the Muppets are just as popular as they where durring the Muppet Show. I swear it seems to me like some fans think the Muppets can't do anything right. Which really makes me sad, because I love the Muppets and love what they are trying to do

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
I just read on Muppet Wiki that the next episode (Bear Left Then Bear Write) isn't written by Prady or Kushell, but instead by four other people (Dave Caplan, who wrote many episodes for "Dinosaurs", Gregg Mettler, Nell Schovell and Steve Rudnick). I just found this interesting because I thought Prady and Kushell were going to be the only writers for the show.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Do you all seriously want the Muppets to fail? Right or wrong the show is a hit and the Muppets are just as popular as they where durring the Muppet Show. I swear it seems to me like some fans think the Muppets can't do anything right. Which really makes me sad, because I love the Muppets and love what they are trying to do
Actually, we've spent a lot of time on this thread pointing out all the things the Muppets have done right. Because we do love the Muppets and we don't like seeing them fail.