Kermit and Miss Piggy Officially Split!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Now I wonder if there should be more big "status quo changes" happening on the series and announced on Facebook. Things like Statler and Waldorf deciding to give up on watching the Muppets (or at least give up heckling), somebody from The Electric Mayhem leaving the band, The Swedish Chef deciding to give up cooking......

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The one thing that bothers me is the fact that they went through a lot to get Kermit and Piggy together in the last two movies.
One of the major plot points in the Muppets was Kermit learning that he needed Piggy. In Most Wanted the plot point was that Piggy, and the rest of the Muppets need Kermit.
So to me it seems like a waste of time to have invested all that time in doing that if they where going to break up months later.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought that after Most Wanted Kermit and Piggy's relationship was stronger then it ever was. Or am I wrong in thinking that?

Beth C

Reaction score
The one thing that bothers me is the fact that they went through a lot to get Kermit and Piggy together in the last two movies.
One of the major plot points in the Muppets was Kermit learning that he needed Piggy. In Most Wanted the plot point was that Piggy, and the rest of the Muppets need Kermit.
So to me it seems like a waste of time to have invested all that time in doing that if they where going to break up months later.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought that after Most Wanted Kermit and Piggy's relationship was stronger then it ever was. Or am I wrong in thinking that?
You aren't alone After years of the on and off again romance, I also felt that they were moving in the right direction and that they finally had resolved the "does he" or "doesn't he" need/want her angle. He does, she does.

For them to backpedal now, seems like they are going in the wrong direction. I don't want to be 80 when this is finally settled upon once and for all. Just like Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Donald and Daisy Duck, Kermit and Piggy are "the" established couple for the Muppets.

You'll never see a Fozzie/Piggy or Kermit/Janice pairing because even little kids know who goes with who.

I don't know of any other romantic pairing in the Muppets that is that strong and ingrained. If I'm wrong, please show me. You can't break up the only couple and just expect people to not remark on it.

Kermit + Piggy = Happiness. 4-ever.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I'm betting that this could be a set up for the tv series. And I think that's brilliant. Yes, it's sad that Kermit and Miss Piggy split up. But I feel it's probably just for now. Well, who knows.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
You aren't alone After years of the on and off again romance, I also felt that they were moving in the right direction and that they finally had resolved the "does he" or "doesn't he" need/want her angle. He does, she does.

For them to backpedal now, seems like they are going in the wrong direction. I don't want to be 80 when this is finally settled upon once and for all. Just like Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Donald and Daisy Duck, Kermit and Piggy are "the" established couple for the Muppets.

You'll never see a Fozzie/Piggy or Kermit/Janice pairing because even little kids know who goes with who.

I don't know of any other romantic pairing in the Muppets that is that strong and ingrained. If I'm wrong, please show me. You can't break up the only couple and just expect people to not remark on it.

Kermit + Piggy = Happiness. 4-ever.
Well some folks around here would debate that Floyd and Janice are a tight couple.

Beth C

Reaction score
Well some folks around here would debate that Floyd and Janice are a tight couple.
While that may be true, it is not an obvious pairing. They would not be considered the signature couple of the Muppets. Neither is Gonzo/Camilla.

Ask any child 4 and up who the boy/girl couple is. It's not going to be Piggy/Rowlf or Kermit/Camilla. The only obvious couple is Kermit/Piggy. They can introduce new characters until the cows come home, but that doesn't make Walter/Piggy an item.

Kermit + Piggy. How it should be. :smile: No matter what they try to change, throw a spin on it, whatever - in the end, it will always be Kermit/Piggy. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Which would never happen today. The oh so useful MPAA would have a heart attack, lol.
Off topic and completely honest here, I never liked the "I've seen everything...BOOM." suicide joke. I love me some vintage cartoons, I find them the highest quality in animation history. But some of the things that passed at humor were very questionable. Stuff they would do in an adult cartoon today, but without the irony and the "jeez, that's horrible" subtext. And the worst part is, the suicide joke was the favorite punchline of late 50's Paramount cartoons. There's a LOT in the Horton Hears a Who movie I feel didn't work and was obviously just padding (even Chuck Jones had trouble, and animation was even reused). But considering the source material, the suicidal Lorre Fish is a might jarring (not that Seuss wouldn't have done edgy humor in a Snafu picture, but this is a kid's book). And the useless Katherine Hepburn impersonation of the bird gets very obnoxious after a while, ruhlly it does. But danged if it isn't some great looking Bob Clampett animation.

But my main point is, we always had at the moment pop culture jokes in these things. Any HB fan will know that the character voices are mostly impersonations. The key is quality. And even in the old days it was kinda hit or miss. There's a late 50's Bugs Bunny cartoon that was essentially just rattling off every popular TV show of the day, and it was kinda dodgy. Some of it worked, some of it didn't, but for the most part it was completely dated. And it's one of the rabbits weaker cartoons as a result.

Some stuff has always been around in every legacy character and genre of entertainment. And it wasn't always done perfectly well.