Terrible Rumor: Muppet*Vision 3D to close in DisneyLand California

Drtooth

Reaction score
It sucks, but think about it this way. They could have just as easily made it a Planes stage show. Disney does not want to admit that Planes is a weak franchise that no one really likes yet shoved down the public's throat like it was a Frozen level of success, even though it wasn't even a Cars 2 level of success.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
The fact that MV3D is being closed AT ALL, even if temporary, for a Frozen ice show is upsetting. Why do we need a Frozen ice show? Was there really any demand for it? :stick_out_tongue:

This is another reason for me to hate Frozen, and hate the fact that Disney doesn't care about the Muppets as much as they should. :sigh:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The fact that MV3D is being closed AT ALL, even if temporary, for a Frozen ice show is upsetting. Why do we need a Frozen ice show? Was there really any demand for it? :stick_out_tongue:

This is another reason for me to hate Frozen, and hate the fact that Disney doesn't care about the Muppets as much as they should. :sigh:
So instead of doing something good or nothing at all, Disney decides to take out a muppet attraction for a movie that will be forgotten in a decade. The muppets have lasting power, with them being around for nearly half a century, really sad I never went on the ride before.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
If it were up to me...

• I'd give the Muppets a tiny section of both parks with it's own Muppet Stuff giftshop, muppety fountain (like they already have) and other little details like that.
  • Maybe Disneyland's MuppetVision Theatre can be made into a smaller, cozier venue to make sure it's always full.
  • I think they should develop an adjacent Muppet movie ride like they had initially planned under Jim. Just updated. Of all the Disney-owned characters, the Muppets lend themselves to being seen in real form more than any others.
  • They should have a walkaround Sweetums at all times. (I know he's in the MuppetVision show but the people in the theater won't be outside to see Sweetums in two places at once).
  • This last bit is kind of controversial, but I think it would be a real crowd-pleaser. Have an area where guests could take a picture and interact with a real live Muppet. I nominate Animal for this role since he's popular with fans and non-fans alike and his monosyllabic nature would be easier for an understudy to mimic. Some fans might find it distasteful for a more delicate star like Kermit to be handled by anyone other than Steve. Anyway, the character would be kept at enough of a distance to avoid being manhandled.
Anyway, that's what I would do. I think it would also lift the Muppets' profile in a way that could lead to public interest in another movie.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
If it were up to me...

• I'd give the Muppets a tiny section of both parks with it's own Muppet Stuff giftshop, muppety fountain (like they already have) and other little details like that.
  • Maybe Disneyland's MuppetVision Theatre can be made into a smaller, cozier venue to make sure it's always full.
  • I think they should develop an adjacent Muppet movie ride like they had initially planned under Jim. Just updated. Of all the Disney-owned characters, the Muppets lend themselves to being seen in real form more than any others.
  • They should have a walkaround Sweetums at all times. (I know he's in the MuppetVision show but the people in the theater won't be outside to see Sweetums in two places at once).
  • This last bit is kind of controversial, but I think it would be a real crowd-pleaser. Have an area where guests could take a picture and interact with a real live Muppet. I nominate Animal for this role since he's popular with fans and non-fans alike and his monosyllabic nature would be easier for an understudy to mimic. Some fans might find it distasteful for a more delicate star like Kermit to be handled by anyone other than Steve. Anyway, the character would be kept at enough of a distance to avoid being manhandled.
Anyway, that's what I would do. I think it would also lift the Muppets' profile in a way that could lead to public interest in another movie.
I agree with every one of these ideas. I'm voting for you for CEO of Disney.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I really hate to say it, but turns out Frozen Sing-A-Long isn't leaving after May 15th like we previously thought. Muppet-Vision 3D in California is now a permanent thing of the past, and will likely never return at this point. It's a real bummer I never had the chance to see the California version in person.

RIP Muppet-Vision 3D

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I really hate to say it, but turns out Frozen Sing-A-Long isn't leaving after May 15th like we previously thought. Muppet-Vision 3D in California is now a permanent thing of the past, and will likely never return at this point. It's a real bummer I never had the chance to see the California version in person.

RIP Muppet-Vision 3D
Don't jump to conclusions! :grouchy:

Nothing official has been said and nothing has been set in stone, so relax! :grr:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Don't jump to conclusions! :grouchy:

Nothing official has been said and nothing has been set in stone, so relax! :grr:
I'm afraid these things don't publicly get "announced". They just happen. Frozen was supposed to leave May 15th, now that it's not, it's going to extend far beyond into next year.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I'm afraid these things don't publicly get "announced". They just happen. Frozen was supposed to leave May 15th, now that it's not, it's going to extend far beyond into next year.
They never said that either.

I know that not all permanent closures have been announced on the Disney Parks Blog (Innoventions at Disneyland and the Backlot Tour at Hollywood Studios, for example), but I think that with a big cash-cow like Frozen, they would be more likely to make some sort of official announcement if the Frozen Sing-Along show's run were to be extended.

Plus, the Disney Parks Blog authors have stated that Muppet-Vision will return to California Adventure sometime in the future. They just don't know exactly when.

Let's just wait and see what happens from here and put this discussion to rest for now, alright?

Duke Remington

Reaction score
So instead of doing something good or nothing at all, Disney decides to take out a muppet attraction for a movie that will be forgotten in a decade. The muppets have lasting power, with them being around for nearly half a century, really sad I never went on the ride before.
Frozen will not become forgotten in a decade! That's a VERY stupid and discriminatory thing to say! :mad:

Besides, people back then would've most likely said the same thing about The Muppets back when they were first starting out back in the 50s. Heck, the same thing would've been said about the majority of the rest of Disney's classic films (ie: Snow White, Pinocchio, Cinderella, Peter Pan, Aladdin, Lion King, etc.).

Oh, and Rugratskid, what you said is incredibly stupid and way too mean-spirited for its own good as well. :rolleyes: