Over twenty Muppets donated to Smithsonian's Museum of American History

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
At about 2:23 does the host say "Ert and Bernie" and "Miss Peggy"?

cjd874

Reaction score
600th post on this forum! What better thread for that than this one? :smile:

I'm just so happy to see Jim's characters immortalized in the Smithsonian. That shows how much of an impact he continues to have on the world. I was especially surprised to see the original Cookie Monster, Fuzzyface/Grover, Elmo, and Rowlf puppets in the group, not to mention the rarely seen J.P. Grosse. I wish they could also add some of the full-body puppets, like Thog, Big Bird, Sweetums, or a Gorg. But that might be a stretch. Anyhow, it is so touching to see that this happened.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
So there are going to be two permanent Muppet museum exhibits on the East Coast, the Museum of the Moving Image in NY and now the Smithsonian's Kermit will get some friends! I wonder if he counts as being part of the "over 20." Also, are the other Sam and Friends characters already there, or was that a temporary exhibit? How many Muppets did they have on permanent display before this expansive addition?

What we know so far:
  1. Miss Piggy
  2. Fozzie
  3. Scooter
  4. J.P. Grosse
  5. Swedish Chef
  6. Rowlf
  7. Wilkins
  8. Red Fraggle
  9. Boober Fraggle
  10. Travelling Matt
  11. Cookie Monster
  12. Elmo
  13. Grover
  14. Praire Dawn
  15. The Count
  16. Ernie
  17. Bert
So 18-21 could be anything. I think maybe a Doozer, Skeksis, a large-scaled Muppet like Big Bird or Junior and I'm hoping for Gonzo.

Not to be nit-picky, but I hope that they're not done refurbishing the puppets yet. Some of them, like Piggy, Fozzie and Elmo, still look kind of smooshed with odd pupil placement. Either way, I can't wait to know these are up being appreciated by generations to come.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I do agree some of the puppets look like they still need little touch ups here and there, but at the same time, I actually like how some of them show some obvious age: those closeups of Ernie and Bert show a little bit of dust that's settled in their hair (as well as Bert's eyebrow)... somehow, it kind of adds to just how old they are.

ploobis

Reaction score
I hope we find out soon when all the puppets will be displayed for the public and us Muppet Fans to see, this is so Exciting!!! :smile:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
so excited...can not wait to see...but anyone else feel the need to turn elmos eyes in just a little

rowlfy662

Reaction score
between this, the permanent jim Henson fixture in the museum of moving image, rumours of a Broadway show, and the new movie 2014 is really becoming the year of the muppets

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's justifiable, FRAGGLE ROCK isn't as easy to come by as other Muppet/Henson productions, it's more of a cult show than anything, so the average person (as in non-Muppet Freaks like us) may not know their names.

My question is was Green Grover's nose always that shape, or was that the result of the refurbishing?