Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum Features

TSSD

Reaction score
Think I could have my old PMs retrieved too please?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
The webmaster has made it clear that he very much wants to control all aspects of Muppet Central and he doesn't care that the website has fallen into disrepair. He doesn't care if he upsets people.
Hear hear. I thought this was a community. I always had an issue with how tightly controlled moderation was; this is a forum about felt puppets, not 1984. And knowing how many people had good ideas that were shot down and then taken elsewhere to flourish (can name three individuals just off the top of my head but many more when I stop and think about it), I can't help but see this change as another instance of the community being completely ignored. It was unnecessary; the only part of the sit with any life to it!

This is the age of web 2.0, of interactivity, of collaboration; but no matter how fancy the forum, it's useless if the attitudes don't change and ALLOW such collaboration to happen, and unfortunately I can't see that happening. I've never EVER spoken negatively about MC in the past but this change really doesn't sit right with me and I feel that this is the appropriate time to let my feelings known.

beaker

Reaction score
Phil, I love ya...but this new look is(to paraphrase a popular modern net meme) "meh". However, I do agree that after 9 years maybe a facelift was in need. Even in 1998 I didn't care for the Delphi forum, so MC circa 2002 was a welcome addition. This has an odd kind of crammed look to it, may have been better aesthetic choices out there. I hope people don't leave though! (And not just because some of us are permanently banned from TP, lulz)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow there are sure a lot of negitive response to the new forum I wonder if enough people wanted change, or something to happen I wonder if it really would. I love MC and I always have, even though we have had our problems. I think if leadership is a true issue then maybe some delgation should be done. I would love for the whole web site as a whole really grow, but I feel one person can't do it all. Phill I love MC and I know since the updates you have been on a lot more, so if your reading this there are people who would love to help impove the site (not just the Froum) please let some people like myself and others help out. Becaue when the new Muppet movie hits this site is going to be flooded with new visitors, and I think we need to really tiddy up the whole site. We could form a commite or something, and get some new stuff added to the site. Yes Toughpigs and the mindset are great sites, but i truly and honestly feel that this site could be even better then both of them.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Becaue when the new Muppet movie hits this site is going to be flooded with new visitors
Sigh... that's the part that bothers me. This new forum really isn't the change in attitude and move towards the future like many members had been hoping for for years (unless it is, and that remains to be seen); it's basically a facelift and a business move.

Edit: For the record I actually really like the new forum software; I just feel like it's the right move for the wrong reasons.

beaker

Reaction score
Dwayne makes a good point. I've thought about how by this summer, you're going to have a tidal wave of new and old fans coming here, and we want to have the most inviting and easy to use forum. Yes, some may only post once and then leave, or lurk temporarily. But gotta have the best foot going forward as mentioned.

But I said "meh", not "blechhhh" :smile: I like the clicking on the profile picture thing, as well as the facebook integration. However my "meh" comment comes from simply the font size and a few other titling issues.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Dwayne makes a good point. I've thought about how by this summer, you're going to have a tidal wave of new and old fans coming here
...not to mention those who will WANT to access this forum only to find they CAN'T...

dwmckim

Reaction score
Dwayne makes a good point. I've thought about how by this summer, you're going to have a tidal wave of new and old fans coming here
...not to mention those who will WANT to access this forum only to find they CAN'T...

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
I like it alright I guess, but i find it harder to read. Also there's no stats... no post count for each member. These are little perks, I think that members like.