Webcams

Iokitek

Reaction score
Hey again puppetpeople, I've been away for awhile. Busy with alot of other stuff
:smile:

But now I'm in the process of starting my own webseries using sockpuppets. And I've been looking everywhere. But I can't find a descent comparison review of webcams anywhere. They all just talk about taking pictures or the streaming quality. But I wish to use it to record short movies with.

So I was wondering if anyone knows of a good review site anywhere or perhaps you have a webcam that you might want to recommend to me. I'm willing to spend about $200

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I've just been using the video option on my kodak digital camera...obviously not very professional quaility.... but you can check out my myspace site and see what you thinbk (the intro video on the profile gives you a better feel for quality than what is in the blogs as the site hosting the blog videos has a serious sound lag)...again I've just started to experiment with this. On another not I love the fact that so many people are experimenting with video and puppetry. It is nice to see what those with more experience and talent than I are doing with puppets.

Iokitek

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Danny

Well I'm still doing some research. Maybe I'll buy a cheap cam first. I don't know yet. My digital camera also has the option to shoot short clips. But they can only be 10 seconds wich just isn't enough for me.

Your clip looked and sounded ok to me actually :smile: Perhaps you should get some more lighting though.

Melonpool

Reaction score
I realize it's only for macs, but I've been very satisfied with my isight.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Iokitek said:
Thanks for the reply Danny

Well I'm still doing some research. Maybe I'll buy a cheap cam first. I don't know yet. My digital camera also has the option to shoot short clips. But they can only be 10 seconds wich just isn't enough for me.

Your clip looked and sounded ok to me actually :smile: Perhaps you should get some more lighting though.

Thanks for the tip on the lighting.....I know with the memory card I have I can do about 15 minutes on my camera..... so maybe a cheap digital with a good memory card will work for you.

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
If you don't want to spend several hundreds of dollars on a DV camera, which is really the best option, maybe the second best option is the CVS digital disposable camera. Do a google, you can probably still find them on ebay. Good quality for web and about $30 bucks for the camera and $20 for the cable - or cheaper if you can make the cable yourself.
http://camerahacks.10.forumer.com/

Iokitek

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone,

I've decided to fool around with my sister's camera for awhile first and save up money for a DV cam perhaps. I haven't decided yet. But this way I can get used to editing first without wasting good money on a medium quality camera and save up the money for a better one instead.

I'll try to show some pictures of my sockpuppets though once I got my new PC and have everything set up etc.