Got a call from Jim Cummings today!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just got a phone call...

wait for it...

From a certain Mr. Jim Cummings. NOT FOOLING! It was the best minute of my life. he did the Pooh voice, Taz and Darkwing Duck (my favorite of them all). I assure you this is not a trick... I actually fainted. And I don't faint!

If you wanna know why, a friend of my mother's had a distant relative that married into his family.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That's amazing. Did you two discuss his work much? Did he have anything interesting to say about Taz-Mania or Darkwing Duck (or even Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue)?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well that is one awsome story to hear. I would love to hear more about your conversaion with him.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Sounds like a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's amazing. Did you two discuss his work much? Did he have anything interesting to say about Taz-Mania or Darkwing Duck (or even Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue)?
You don't talk to an actor while he's acting. He just kept changing character before I could get a word in edgewise. Plus, the sure and absolute shock that this would happen... I was dumbstruck...

Of course, I had to bring up Darkwing for him to give me a "I am the Terror that Flaps in the night." That's right up there with meeting Carol Spinney as the best experiences of my life. To be able to have a phone conversation with my 9 year old childhood hero (Darkwing) was just the ultimate fan experience.

I mean, I did meet some pretty cool people like that in my life (on rare occassions)... I met one of the Cosby Kids at Lechemere when I was very little (I wanna say Tempest Bludsoe)... And at a convention I met Kenji Terada... writer for my favorite anime series (The one with the wrestlers, of course) and the guy who plays Leonardo in the new TMNT series... but Carol and Jim were at the top. Really wonderful.

The "Conversation" (as I said, you DON'T talk to an actor when they're acting for you. You wouldn't be able to) lasted about 5 minutes... maybe less. I really needed that because I was really feeling low lately. Truely, a grand gesture from my mother's friend. Apparently, it was the wedding of said distant relative to Jim's nephew, and he went to Pennsylvania for it. And My mother's friend was there.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I think if I was you I'd walk around in a fangirl stupor for a week :wink: Again, very awesome.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, that is amazing. To hear Winnie the Pooh talk to you though the phone? And Darkwing Duck? So surreal! Jim Cummings gets MAJOR bonus points for doing such a nice favour for a friend of his family.