Fun fact about Episode 3699

GroverMOMJ

Reaction score
So y'all are probably wondering what's so trivial about this episode. Well let me tell you, this Sesame Street episode is the last episode to do something that the show today wouldn't even consider doing for one second. What exactly?

This is the last episode of Sesame Street, to date, that Elmo is not in. Okay, he is in the intro catching a baseball on a television screen that kids cheer to and Ernie then changes to show Bert, but that's in the opening to every episode from seasons 24-29. This is basically the last episode that doesn't feature Elmo at all within the actual episode, not counting the intro.

I was curious as to what the last episode to not feature Elmo was, and was actually considering starting a thread here asking someone to find out what it is for me. But then I managed to do it myself using Muppet Wiki and looking at what pages linked to the little red monster himself. I looked at each episode his page was not linked to from before season 30 (when he pretty much started to be guaranteed to appear in every episode with the debut of Elmo's World), and in each episode from season 29 his Muppet Wiki page wasn't linked to after this one, Elmo made at least some appearance in the actual episode (not counting the opening, the Friday closing credits, and the "Coming Soon on Sesame Street" previews at the end of each episode then).

As stated above, from season 30 on, Elmo has pretty much appeared in every single episode since then, mainly due to all but two episodes from season 38 ending with an Elmo-centered segment (Elmo's World, Elmo the Musical, and most recently, Elmo and Tango's Mysterious Mysteries). And even those two Elmo-centered ending segment-less episodes from season 38 had an appearance by Elmo in a segment within the episode.

80sMuppetFan

Reaction score
So y'all are probably wondering what's so trivial about this episode. Well let me tell you, this Sesame Street episode is the last episode to do something that the show today wouldn't even consider doing for one second. What exactly?

This is the last episode of Sesame Street, to date, that Elmo is not in. Okay, he is in the intro catching a baseball on a television screen that kids cheer to and Ernie then changes to show Bert, but that's in the opening to every episode from seasons 24-29. This is basically the last episode that doesn't feature Elmo at all within the actual episode, not counting the intro.

I was curious as to what the last episode to not feature Elmo was, and was actually considering starting a thread here asking someone to find out what it is for me. But then I managed to do it myself using Muppet Wiki and looking at what pages linked to the little red monster himself. I looked at each episode his page was not linked to from before season 30 (when he pretty much started to be guaranteed to appear in every episode with the debut of Elmo's World), and in each episode from season 29 his Muppet Wiki page wasn't linked to after this one, Elmo made at least some appearance in the actual episode (not counting the opening, the Friday closing credits, and the "Coming Soon on Sesame Street" previews at the end of each episode then).

As stated above, from season 30 on, Elmo has pretty much appeared in every single episode since then, mainly due to all but two episodes from season 38 ending with an Elmo-centered segment (Elmo's World, Elmo the Musical, and most recently, Elmo and Tango's Mysterious Mysteries). And even those two Elmo-centered ending segment-less episodes from season 38 had an appearance by Elmo in a segment within the episode.
This was also the last episode with the old sesame street sign that had been there since the very beginning. So it's kinda funny how Elmo being in every episode coincided with the new sesame street sign, that was introduced at the end of this episode

WazzupMyBoyz

Reaction score
This was also the last episode with the old sesame street sign that had been there since the very beginning. So it's kinda funny how Elmo being in every episode coincided with the new sesame street sign, that was introduced at the end of this episode
Is there a comparison showing every street sign model to date?

80sMuppetFan

Reaction score
Is there a comparison showing every street sign model to date?
I believe theyve only had 3. The first original one from the test shows to episode 3699 (the old sign only appears broken in pieces) then of course the new sign that was introduced at the end of this episode. Then in season 32 they changed to sesame workshop so they replaced the ctw in the sign with 123 and that's the one that's still there today. So 3 signs. First one was there for 29 years, 2md one for 3 years, and the 3rd one for 22 years and counting