1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fozzie Illustration

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Fan Art' started by Reevz1977, May 12, 2009.

1. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Aw, I'll be patient. :halo:

Out of curiosity, approximately how long does the average character take? My guess is weeks! :eek:
    muppetfan24/7 likes this.
  2. Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Sorry Jamie my good man, I missed your post!!

Each character varies really. First I do a pencil sketch of the character, though they ALWAYS change in the final version, and then I draw them up in a rough digital version. If I'm happy with that, I'll start to texture it up and shade, if I'm not I'll re-jig it. That said, I've done 2 near-complete versions of Scooter and 3 of Piggy because as they went on I decided to change them.

To give an idea on the number of hours, Kermit took around 8 hours once I was happy with the pose, whereas Sweetums with Robin has taken 30+ hours and he's still far from done. In reality, if this was a commercial project, I'd have to pull my finger out and cut corners, the nice thing about doing this for myself if I can go back and change again and again and again until I'm perfectly happy with the characters, which is great!!! I've just re-done Animal and I'm considerably happier with the new version...though I'm saving the unveiling for the final version* ;)

*Sometime around 4014...I think
    newsmanfan and muppetfan24/7 like this.
  3. GonzoLover85 Member

Well, better late than never!
  4. Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

CaseytheMuppet and newsmanfan like this.
  5. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I saw the picture and I thought, "Good grief! They always heckle to Fozzie Bear, but why pick on Kermit? Sheesh!" This really captures the Muppet Show. Sure Kermit was doing his best to host and take care of the chaos but the hecklers do pick on Fozzie more than Kermit or his other friends. Oh brother! Great jon, though!
  6. Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Good point! Although, the final piece was to have Fozzie covered in tomato's, knocking his hat off but him still comforting Kermit after getting caught in the crossfire with just the one tomato...it was done whilst thinking of something along the "friends" concept from the Threadless challenge.
  7. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    LOVE it! Dang, why aren't you working for Disney Comics right now??

--------------
  8. Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Ok folks, calm down, this is NOT a new update...well it is but...well kind of...here you go...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/8139326686/in/photostream

Thanks to a welcome easing in my workload, coupled with the incredible generosity of the AMAZING Jamie Carroll, I've manage to make a tiny little update to my illustration of Jim Henson. As you'll probably be able to see, there's not as much detail in this when compared to other characters but that is because Jim, along with the puppet versions of Frank Oz and the late, sadly-missed Jerry Nelson will appear right at the very back of the image, barely visible. I hope I've done him justice and hope to have another character up in the coming weeks, workload permitting.

As always, feedback is encouraged :)
  9. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Very nice! I love your work!
  10. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Stunning! Want!!!!
  11. Slackbot Well-Known Member

Great as usual. It's always a treat to see your art.

That puppet is at the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta, and I always get a smile out of seeing Jim "in the flesh".
  12. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

So it's kind of like them watching their creations having fun. Very subtle, but very nice. :)
  13. Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Exactly!!! ;)
  14. Nick22 Active Member

I haven't looked at this thread in so long! This is honestly such amazing work.
  15. GonzoLover85 Member

Hey Stuart,
    I've been a little AWOL from the site for the past bit, but it looks like you're still working hard. I'm glad to see it!
  16. Hubert Well-Known Member

So many funny things just happened to me here...first, I got really confused because I thought I was in the new member introduction thread, and then I thought that GonzoLover was saying "Hey Hubert" rather than "Hey Stuart"...

But pertaining to this thread, very, very nice work going on here! Love the newest piece and all others. :)
  17. rowlfy662 Active Member

wow this amazing work very impressive that Jim would have made him proud I must ask if you are still working on this project because it is the most amazing thing I have ever seen
  18. Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

HUGE apologies for not replying to your message rowlfy662, I somehow missed it!! Many thanks for your kind words :)

OK....I know there have been a lot of false starts, broken promises et all, but I am about to re-start work on and hopefully FINALLY finish the Muppet Illustration I started 5 years ago. Now there's going to be changes to what you've already seen as I think I can genuinely do better now but first off, I'm gonna nail the pig*

My question to everyone out there is which Piggy would you like to see? The only stipulation I am putting out there is that it MUST be Henson-era Miss Piggy and certainly NOT perm-Piggy from MTM. I would also like suggestions on the outfit too if anybody has any ideas.

I have 5 weeks left of current illustrations and them I'm as free as a bird - so get your thinking caps on!!

*grow up!
    jvcarroll likes this.
  19. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

My favorite Piggy...

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  20. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was gonna say GMC Piggy.
    jvcarroll likes this.