Countdown on Dateline

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I don't know about Yoda, but I at least maybe expected someone like Steve Martin. "Excuuuuuuse me!" is a popular quote.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I finally saw the Kermit part on VH1. They showed the action figures too! The Piggy was the original proto with the pink boa. There were some good clips, but they ended it with the wedding. This is why everyone thinks they're actually married. I was disappointed that Jim Henson wasn't really mentioned, but it was a pretty good arrangement. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
My post is filled with spoiler information pertaining to the list.

Lists like this come around every so often to remind us of just how brain dead television writers can be. Britney Spears beats the Simpsons. I'm not a huge fan of either, but when Britney has been succuessful for well over a decade and still going strong, we'll talk about her edging out the Simpsons. That is utter bull. JFK JR beats out his father on the list? That makes no sense. This is the "trendy list of celebs" not the top pop icons of all time. Jennifer Lopez is a more widely seen and popular figure than Mickey Mouse? Come on. Sure, she should be listed somewhere, but not above the world's most famous cartoon character. I think these lists are just intended to shock.

The biggest surprise is Oprah at number one. Sure, she's a great women's role model, but the other half of the population couldn't care less. She's not number one. Heck, Lady Di, Madonna and Jerry Seinfeld have more pull with pop culture. If this list had come out two years ago, Rosie would have been number one. I just don't get these lists.

Kermit and Piggy at 60 (and no Sesame Street characters mentioned) is the ultimate insult. :mad: :grouchy: Big Bird has much more clout than Dr. Phil. If it were three years ago, his space would have been filled by Judge Judy, but where is she now? :confused:
Well... at least they made the list..

It's the same problem I had with all the 50 greatest TV Guide lists. Too many Pop stars (Simon Madcowl... Yeah.. he's timeless... in 10 yeasr when he's working at the UK equivillant of McDonalds, one person's gonna say, "Aren't you that gay guy from Will and Grace?")

And the Osbornes? That's an insult. Ozzy ruled in his day, now he's a pompus sell out. I'm SHOCKED Elmo didn't make the list, and Fred Flintstone made it, but none of Jay Ward's characters (but I love Fred Flintstone, and I don't care)

But JEEEZ... Dr. Phil... in five years he'll be doing infomercials!