Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Something interesting I noticed in "The Letter N"

When I was watching "The Letter N" on Youtube I noticed that the guitarist was holding the guitar pick in his right hand and the frets in his left hand when most commonly they have the muppets hold the frets in their right hand and the guitar pick in their left.Anybody notice that?

PinballStewie

Reaction score
When I was watching "The Letter N" on Youtube I noticed that the guitarist was holding the guitar pick in his right hand and the frets in his left hand when most commonly they have the muppets hold the frets in their right hand and the guitar pick in their left.Anybody notice that?
No, I didn't notice that, and frankly I'm quite surprised since I'm pretty much what one might call a "music geek" (actually, I'm pretty much a geek in general!! :stick_out_tongue:) I also noticed that we seemed to have similar choices for letter cartoons/segments as far as our posts on the "What's Your Favorite Letter Segment" thread are concerned.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
No, I didn't notice that, and frankly I'm quite surprised since I'm pretty much what one might call a "music geek" (actually, I'm pretty much a geek in general!! :stick_out_tongue:) I also noticed that we seemed to have similar choices for letter cartoons/segments as far as our posts on the "What's Your Favorite Letter Segment" thread are concerned.
Yeah,some of the choices I saw on Youtube,some I saw when I was little,(and have not seen in years till I discovered Youtube),and there is at least one that I have seen and haven't found on Youtube yet and haven't seen in years,(that's "Be My D" by Di Di O' Day and the Dew Drops").

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Jerry took over Roosevelt Franklin? How close is the voice?
I dont think Jerry Nelson ever actually took over the role (though I heard he performed the voice in a Camp Wanngohoma sketch).

One thing that I've noticed is that in the song Roosevelt Franklin's Alphabet, Roosevelt's voice is much deeper than usual, and Hard Head Henry Harris' voice actually sounds similar to that voice. I don't know if Roosevelt was just voiced by a different performer in that sketch or if Matt Robinson used a different voice at first. Roosevelt Franklin's Alphabet is from the first season, as is Roosevelt Franklin's Days of the Week, where Roosevelt has his more familiar voice. Of course, in the alphabet sketch, his voice sounds closer to Matt Robinsons natural voice (assuming that Matt Robinson talked in his own normal voice when he played Gordon) than it does in other skits. I guess it's possible that Matt Robinson wanted to do something closer to his vocie but then felt that Roosevelt should sound different from how Gordon sounded, or maybe the deep voice was too hard on Matt's throat.

Of course, if Matt Robinson did originally perform the voice of Hard Head Henry Harris, then I wonder why he would stop performing the voice of him but not Roosevelt. I've heard that Hard Head henry Harris sand The Twelve Days of Christmas on a Sesame Street christmas album. On that track, does he sound the way he sounded in the africa sketch? Do the album credits list Roscoe Orman as Hard Head Henry Harris?

It's also possible that Hard Head Henry Harris continued to appear after Roosevelt stopped appearing, and maybe Matt Robinson left because he couldn't be Roosevelt's voice anymore. But I have never heard of any sketches that have Hard Head Henry Harris, but not Roosevelt.

I would suspect that Hard Head Henry Harris was voiced by one of the human actors before Roscoe Orman took over. If I had to guess, I would guess Hal Miler, since he obviously left the show before Roscoe Orman took over, and I can't think of any other humans who were introduced in season four who left in season six. Unless it was another cast member who just gave up the role (maybe Will Lee?).

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I dont think Jerry Nelson ever actually took over the role (though I heard he performed the voice in a Camp Wanngohoma sketch).

One thing that I've noticed is that in the song Roosevelt Franklin's Alphabet, Roosevelt's voice is much deeper than usual, and Hard Head Henry Harris' voice actually sounds similar to that voice. I don't know if Roosevelt was just voiced by a different performer in that sketch or if Matt Robinson used a different voice at first. Roosevelt Franklin's Alphabet is from the first season, as is Roosevelt Franklin's Days of the Week, where Roosevelt has his more familiar voice. Of course, in the alphabet sketch, his voice sounds closer to Matt Robinsons natural voice (assuming that Matt Robinson talked in his own normal voice when he played Gordon) than it does in other skits. I guess it's possible that Matt Robinson wanted to do something closer to his vocie but then felt that Roosevelt should sound different from how Gordon sounded, or maybe the deep voice was too hard on Matt's throat.

Of course, if Matt Robinson did originally perform the voice of Hard Head Henry Harris, then I wonder why he would stop performing the voice of him but not Roosevelt. I've heard that Hard Head henry Harris sand The Twelve Days of Christmas on a Sesame Street christmas album. On that track, does he sound the way he sounded in the africa sketch? Do the album credits list Roscoe Orman as Hard Head Henry Harris?

It's also possible that Hard Head Henry Harris continued to appear after Roosevelt stopped appearing, and maybe Matt Robinson left because he couldn't be Roosevelt's voice anymore. But I have never heard of any sketches that have Hard Head Henry Harris, but not Roosevelt.

I would suspect that Hard Head Henry Harris was voiced by one of the human actors before Roscoe Orman took over. If I had to guess, I would guess Hal Miler, since he obviously left the show before Roscoe Orman took over, and I can't think of any other humans who were introduced in season four who left in season six. Unless it was another cast member who just gave up the role (maybe Will Lee?).
Wjhat do you mean by Robinson leaving because he couldn't do Roosevelt's voice anymore. He left bcause he wanted to do other things and and it didn't even sound like Lee doing RF's voice.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wjhat do you mean by Robinson leaving because he couldn't do Roosevelt's voice anymore. He left bcause he wanted to do other things and and it didn't even sound like Lee doing RF's voice.

It's hard for me to explain what I actually meant. But I wasn't saying that Will Lee performed Roosevelt at any time. I was just speculating outloud as to who could have done Hard Head Henry Harris' voice before Roscoe Orman. I wasn't saying that Will Lee did it, but thought he could since his voice is a bit deep (though not that deep). I don't know whether Bob McGrath can do a deep voice like that. And that is, if he was voiced by a cast member who didn't leave the show.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I saw that ISnorden has been uploading clips from older eps, such as Everyone Makes Mistakes, One of These Things (Circles from 131, and shoes from 43)...I hope to see these clips wind up there soon:

*Passing a J
*Oscar's grandmother visits
*Who's Taller? Ernie or Bert?
*Scenes from 158

...and more that I can't think up of yet