Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

SesameMike

Reaction score
Wow, I finally saw the "First and Last" skit with proto-Grover. First time in over 3 decades.

And in this sketch, at last we learned that Beautiful Day Monster's real name is "Fred". Listen when p-Grover switches places to be second-to-last in line. Not once but twice he boasts "Fred's last!". Pardon the pun, but I think that was the first -- and last -- time they ever referred to that monster by name.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
And in this sketch, at last we learned that Beautiful Day Monster's real name is "Fred". Listen when p-Grover switches places to be second-to-last in line. Not once but twice he boasts "Fred's last!". Pardon the pun, but I think that was the first -- and last -- time they ever referred to that monster by name.
I have read that there were also sketches where Beautiful Day Monster was called "Ralph" and "Harold". I guess they couldn't decide on a proper name for him. Either that, or didn't think he was important enough to have the same name every time it was mentioned.

Katzi428

Reaction score
fatblue said:
That 'first and last skit' with Green Grover! Man, I have not seen that for over 30 years!!! Hmm, maybe longer, LOL!! Never thought I would see it again too..
Anyone have brown hair dye? I need it after watching those old SS clips. Especially the green Grover one!:eek:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is it legal to view these clips off the internet? Does it cost anyhting to watch?

greg

Reaction score
Can someone post a link to the original Manah Manah with the anything muppet girls? I cant find it anywhere on Youtube

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
After watching some of those Harvey Kneeslapper skits,on youtube.com, I now realize why the laughing of that muppet(Harvey Kneeslapper) was such a strain on Frank.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
Wow, I finally saw the "First and Last" skit with proto-Grover. First time in over 3 decades.

Beautifal Day was also once named "Splurge", sound familiar? :wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
And a behind the scenes shot is used for the cover of this book:
That's a cool phto, but does anybody know who the woman performing Beautiful Day Monster in that photo is? Could it be Jane Henson? Or maybe Rollin Krewson (I'm not sure if she eeever performed on Sesame Street, nor do I know if she was eve working for the Jim Henson Company at the time)?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
That's a cool phto, but does anybody know who the woman performing Beautiful Day Monster in that photo is? Could it be Jane Henson? Or maybe Rollin Krewson (I'm not sure if she eeever performed on Sesame Street, nor do I know if she was eve working for the Jim Henson Company at the time)?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was probably Jane, sense she was doing Ernie's hand at the time.