A little sad right now

Ziffel

Reaction score
{{{{{{{{{{{{Mr. Vickers}}}}}}}}}}} :smile: Thanks so much pal!

I always have had the perpective and faith in God that whatever happens with her and I were in His hands and that He knows what's best for us. But it was at the same time so incredibly hard to deal with. But now that I understand the reasons better, it makes it easier. Faith and trust is so key to hang in there when we don't know fully why things happen as they do. But when things become clearer I guess that helps all the more. :smile:

{{{{{{{{{{{{Vickers}}}}}}}}}

BEAR

Reaction score
Good to see you back, Ziffel. Sorry about the relationship. I wish you well always.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Glad to see you back at MC Ziffel.One day at a time my friend.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Hello everyone. Amazingly the past few weeks (almost right after my last post here, in fact) my ex-fiance and I started trying to get back together again. She had recently broke up with the guy she had been seeing for a couple months. I had a glimmer of hope that this could happen again but didn't realistically expect it too. So to get another shot with her was amazing and made me very elated to say the least. However, we no sooner were blissfully reconciling and expressing our love to each other then came the same problems again. As much as we love and care for each other there are just too many differences and especially a couple of major issues that we just can't ever come to a resolve about. But this was really really helpful that we got this second chance. Now I think, even though it may still be hard at times, I will be much more at peace with being out of a relationship with her. I praise and thank our loving God once again for the special times he allowed me to share with this fine woman while at the same time showing us that the differences are too big for us to get married. So much better to be convinced of this now before making the marriage vows and ending up in an unhappy situation.
So this recent brief revival of our relationship really served to help me deal much better with losing her in the future now. But also, I thank every one of you here so much for all the kind, encouraging, wise words you said to me here in this thread beforehand anyway. And thanks again to our great God.

I really relate to the difference thing. Sometimes even though we REALLY do love each other more than anything, in some ways (important ways) we are sooo different, and the question comes up- Is love really enough? This goes against my way of thinking (I am a HOPELESS romantic) but, I don’t know. Even if you do love them, if your not going to be happy with the SITUATION its almost as bad as not being happy with the person. I don’t know, its just something that comes up from time to time with me. Im glad you got a second chance, all the luck and love to you in the world.
Katie

Ziffel

Reaction score
Hey thanks a lot Katie. And thanks for your thoughts. Yeah it's a tough thing. I would say love is the most important thing in a relationship but not the only thing. Other important factors include compatibility, fidelity, respect, and communication. On that last one, I really had trouble at times with communicating with my ex-fiance about any concerns or problems. She would usually get irritated and say things like, "Do we have to talk about this now?" While there is a time to say, "Let's discuss this later, okay?" to say that all the time is not good communication. Things need to be addressed and worked out some time. But in fairness to her, it takes two and we did the romance okay but lacked in the communication department.
Love can probably overcome many small differences and nuisances. But significant differences and issues may be more necessary to address and see if they can be resolved. Dust bunnies brushed under the rug is not so bad. But soda bottles brushed under the rug will leave noticable lumps. Silly analogy, I know. Trying to get the point across somehow, heh! Besides, I'm a janitor so I know about sweeping things under rugs! Naw, I don't ever do that actually. I just brush debris down the elevator track spaces!

Xerus

Reaction score
Nice to have you back, Ziffel. I'm sorry things didn't work out between you and that girl. But I pray that things'll go better in your future though. :smile:

Take care and God Bless You. :smile:

Xerus

Ziffel

Reaction score
Hey thanks a lot my good brother ((((((((((((Xerus)))))))))))))

Hard a loss as it is, I am really convinced now that it wouldn't have worked out and so I thank God for it ending before the wedding. The great Philippians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always! Rejoice I say again!" is so true. We can do that whether circumstances are happy or sad in life because either way we know He is allowing it for our best! (Romans 8:28)

God bless you too, Xerus, and help you to draw closer to Him in faith and love each day. Then everything will fall into place. Just trust and abide. :smile: