Favorite Ernie and Bert sketches

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I've always been a huge fan of Ernie and Bert. Just curious if anyone had any favorite sketches.
Here's a couple of my all time favorites

superboober

Reaction score
The "TV repair" sketch is probably my favorite ("H....H...H...H..."); others include:

-nephew Brad's bath ("It's only a pretend shark...")
-Ernie counting the sheep and fire engines
-following the arrows around the apartment
-"I Dance Myself to Sleep"
-Ernie plays the drums to Bert "playing" the door
-setting the balloons free (with Ernie then having second thoughts and Bert having a total meltdown in response)
-Ernie burying Bert at the beach, then finding him with help from Sherlock Hemlock

tutter_fan

Reaction score
There are some E & B sketches that come to mind:

Ernie's Rhyming game (Bert comes up to a lamp, and says "Hey there Lamp, that's a nice shade!) Ernie's Sandbox (I EIGHT the sandbox! How'd it taste, Bert?)
Ernie & Bert count up to 10 (Ten-Q! Ten-Q! You're welcome Bert!)
There are a few others!

Katzi428

Reaction score
The "I 8 the sandbox." one. I tried to get my younger niece(now 5) to do it to her dad (my brother) but she didn't really get it. (The kid it a bit serious.I worry about her. )

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Just about all my favorites were from Season 1 (I loved Ernie's shirt).

A lot of them have been posted on youtube for your viewing pleasure. But a few really stand out:

Ernie, the World's Greatest Counter, finally counts to 10 after many distractions (and torturing Bert in the process), and starts to recite the alphabet, causing Bert to have the mother of all freakouts. (The last ten seconds have been cut off the Old School box set, but someone tacked on the missing footage on youtube. Great stuff despite the poor dubbing.

Ernie eats Bert's chocolate cake, then tries to cover up his mistake by spinning a tall tale of a monster eating the cake on him. "You know how monsters like cake, Bert!" Then Beautiful Day shows up, eats the other piece of cake Bert was saving, and Bert ain't buying Ernie's excuses anymore.

Best of all (maybe someday we'll see it again) Bert wanted Ernie to get a newspaper from Hooper's Store, and Ernie arms himself with a flashlight, umbrella, and raincoat to make the perilous journey across the street. Unfortunately he doesn't have any bubble gum to ward off any bears. Ernie's logic:"If you give a bear some bubble gum, he'll be too busy chewing it to bite you!" Bert throws up his hands and agrees to go to Hooper's to get some bubble gum for Ernie. Then Ernie delivers the punchline: "Hey,Bert, while you're there, can you pick up a newspaper?" Which sends Bert into another state of hysteria..
This is another one of my Holy Grails I hope will see daylight again someday.

dinoboy

Reaction score
i love the dream squenses of Bert imagining he's ice skating as the music was memorable. But I loved it when at the end of the imagination song, you saw all those colorful balloons falling on sesame street. But one fav is one that took place in the basement and Ernie had bet Bert his banana that he couldn't think of 10 things to do with his fingers. He lost the bet, but when Bert left, Ernie thinks of number 10 and 11, waving and picking up a banana peel, after Bert has eaten the banana. But is was really funny when Ernie counted shoes thrown from the neighbors upstairs onto their floor to go to sleep. Then the last shoe didn't fall, untill it fell onto Bert's face.