Favorite Season of the Muppet Show

cjd874

Reaction score
I haven't seen all five seasons in their entirety, but choosing form S1-S3, I have to say that Season 2 is my favorite. Julie Andrews, Dom Deluise, George Burns, John Cleese, Madeline Kahn, and Don Knotts all in one season! Not to mention Rudolf Nureyev and Elton John BACK-TO-BACK. I also liked the scriptwriting, performing, and new characters: the relationship between Miss Piggy and Kermit was really becoming a core part of the show, and Gonzo became a superstar in this season, not to mention the arrival of Pigs in Space and a new member of Muppet Labs...MEEP!!!

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I personally think that the show got better per season, so if asked the question. Seasons 2-5. Season one seemed sort of tame to me, plus I don't like Hilda. I thought she was kind of mean to Fozzie and Gonzo which both didn't have much self confidence at the time. Still there was some great sketches in season 1 like "Sonny", "Feaver with Rita Moando", Classics like "In a Little Spanish Town", "Java", "You do something to me", "Hugga Wugga Buggy Mugger", etc. Though I think the last two seasons were more wilder, esspecially having Chris Langum on the team. It became more British humor like which I love in it's self. Especially Gerri and the Actrics. lol Still cracks me up to this day lol And just now I realized "geriatrics" "Gerry and the Actrics" lol the play on words. It's funny, I never usually get these jokes until later in my life. lol Some days I just think of something and out of the blue I'm like "OH I GET IT NOW!" lol

Also even though a special and not an episode, The Muppets Go To The Movies to me was like the big finally of The Muppet Show. It had it's trademark humor and just craziness.

Waldorf: Let's give them three big cheers
(chairs are thrown at them)
Statler and Waldorf: That's Cheers! Not Chairs! lol

I really miss The Muppets doing this kind of humor. lol

I forgot to mention, Trudge Trudge. lol Classic piece of weirdness. This I also miss about The Muppets.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
This is a tough one. I would have to go with Season 5. A lot of guest stars like Gene Kelly, Senor Wences, Roger Moore, and Marty Feldman were a part of that season, plus there was a cameo by the Sesame Street gang. Season 4 was great as well, especially the Jonathan Winters episode, in which almost all of the Muppets started to speak like The Swedish Chef. :smile:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i havnt seen seasons 4 and 5 cus of disney so right now my fav is 3

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Seasons 4 and 5 are amazing :smile: I'm sure we all are going to be super happy when the DVD sets come out and Disney is done clearing all the copyrighted songs and whatnot. I think that's why The Muppet Show is taking awhile to get onto DVD, Spitting Image is basically the same situation. It's crazy but I'm going to be so happy when the DVDs are out and right on my DVD self. :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I recently watched the JaLoo music video and Good Morning America apperance and I just couldn't watch the full videos. lol Sorry but I just didn't like it. Afterwords, I needed to watch my kind of Muppets. The classics. And this clip came to my mind and I'm glad it did.

I miss how The Muppets used to be into that Good Ol' Rock & Roll / Jazz music. It's like Peanut Butter and Chocolate, they go so good together :smile:

Isn't Jack Parnell's Orchestra the BEST? :smile: I LOVE THEIR MUSIC On The Muppet Show! :smile:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Well, there's always youtube. The entire series is up there. Not to mention the majority of the classic TV specials and other goodies.

Ignatz

Reaction score
I can't decide between seasons 3-5 the quality was really consistent through all these seasons.