Will the Count live on?

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
It's Frog Day!!! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
We will all hope that The Count will stay on the show!! :smile::smile::smile::smile:
Cheers!! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

PoisonBadNews

Reaction score
I realize this is sacrilege to many, but....I never really liked the Count. Don't get me wrong I loved Jerry's other characters, Emmet Otter in particular though he had dozens of one-shot characters who were just as memorable despite only appearing in one or two three minute sketches. The Woody Guthrie-esque folk singer in The Ballad of Casey the Engineer, the Spanish speaking reddish-magenta anything playing opposite Betty Lou, and the unseen vocalist in the song 'Planets, Moons, and Stars'. But the Count...meh. To me he always came off as too one dimensional. I mean Bert is deliberately dull but he at least has a wide variety of interests. When the Count walked on screen, you never had to guess what he wad going to do. He was going to tell you he liked to count to x, and then by golly that's exactly what he would do. Also, he appeared a lot by himself, especially in later seasons, and that's something that just doesn't work with most characters, the most notable exception being Cookie Monster, since his appetite in a sense ends up being an antagonist unto itself, and his inner struggle to restrain himself can be quite dramatic. Watching a single character play the pipe organ and count...not so much.

I very much hope that the Emmet Otter/Robin the Frog type voice and persona lives on, Jerry was amazing at doing that sort of endearing, young character without it ever getting annoying or schmaltzy. But I'm not particularly eager to see the Count continue on.