Favorite Jerry Nelson Character

Who is your favorite Jerry Nelson character?

• Floyd

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Robin

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Crazy Harry

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Lew Zealand

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Camilla

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Pops

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Count

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • The Amazing Mumford

• Mr. Johnson

• Sherlock Hemlock

• Gobo

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Trash Heap

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Pa Gorg

• His announcing voice

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
That was an easy vote for me.... Floyd all the way! He's the coolest cat who can play one mean bass guitar! :sing:

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Cliched though it is, I've always loved Floyd, for obvious reasons.

Although I think one of the greatest examples of his vocal versatility can be seen in "The Dark Crystal." You've got the Emperor, with his high pitched, gritty voice, and the High Priest, with his powerful, bellowing voice. In fact, The High Priest sounds nothing like any of his other characters. I couldn't believe it was him.

catherine

Reaction score
I liked them all too, it showed a true supstar in all that he did.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
This is a really tough, tough question. I'd say it's a three way tie between Gobo, Robin, and Floyd. But that's hardly a good answer. His announcing voice is really awesome too. He's like the fourth main character of the Veterinarian's Hospital sketches or the reason you can walk into a room of nerds and start saying "PIGS IN SPACE" and people will chime in with you.

There are just so many characters he had a hand in making so memorable.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Floyd will always be my favorite. Although Robin and Lew Zealand are a VERY close second.

anytimepally

Reaction score
So Many. He's always been my favorite performer. Little Jerry is the greatest rock star on Sesame Street. The Trash Heap was my favorite Fraggle Rock character. Poor Mr. Johnson must be a masochist to keep returning to Charlie's. I've always had a soft spot for Camilla, because Gonzo's my favorite Muppet Show character. Count von Count, who I believe has more ex-wives than anyone else on Sesame Street, probably belongs in a padded room somewhere, but he's delightful.

And at least one person does love Robot Lincoln!

ProboSowa

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with Count but he's not my sole fave of Jerry's. I also love Lew's wackiness, (the disruption of the wedding in his debut ep was priceless) Robin's sweetness, Floyd's chill demeanor, and the design of Uncle Deadly.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I would say Gobo and Emmet Otter are my top Jerry Nelson characters. But I do like Robin and The Count and the Trash Heap, too. Floyd ranks up there with Gobo and Emmet. :sing:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's a tough choice, but that's the amazing thing about Jerry's characters. There's usually one character each performer does that the audience and or the performer doesn't care too much for... but I don't think there's any Jerry character I don't like.

So I chose Trash Heap for two reasons... one, Julius Strangepork wasn't on the list, and the character is amazing in and of itself. A sentient pile of garbage brought to life by the love of Philo and Gunge that gives wise advise to the Fraggles, even if the advise isn't as wise as the thinks it is. She almost seems to be a grandmother figure to them.