My Kermit needs hands! I could use some guidance!

scandell

Reaction score
Hi guys, with the help of this useful forum, I have completed my first muppet's head and body! All he needs now is arms and hands! If you have any tips please let me know! Here is a pic of what I have so far!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Beautiful Kermit you've built! :smile: I'm so envious of all the Kermit's everyone has crafted for themselves, oh how I need to make my own again, lol.

I know there's a pattern for his whole body somewhere in this forum, just can't remember quite where, sorry! He's great so far though, I know when you complete your Kermit, he'll be perfect! :wink:

WalkingEye

Reaction score
think of the arms as tubes with a slight flair at the end which will become his palms. Sew the tube up to where his thumb will start, leaving the palm unsewn. Make an armature from wire in the shape of his hand; insert the wire into the opening at the end of the palm. then continue sewing the side of the palm. Make each finger individually and slide them over the wire fingers sewing them in place.

not the best picture, but this should show you what I mean:

piscotikus

Reaction score
Question about the head: Did you use the pattern where you have a small stitch on the sides of the head?

scandell

Reaction score
No stitches on the side of the head...just the one down the middle.

Animal31

Reaction score
Looking good scandell, how did you make out with the arms?