Sesame Street GROVER replica HELP

gooby1244

Reaction score
I have made about 20 puppets, originals and replicas (including a Kermit replica).
I am starting a Grover replica, but was wondering where can I get this fur? Or what is it called? It's fairly short, and almost nappy or mangy. Would sherpa work? If anyone has done a Grover before, what have you used for fur and EYES?

Reaction score
Hi. For the fur my best suggestion would be to go on to eBay and type in blue fur fabric. The eyes may use foam pads and black felt? Let me know if this helps!

Animal31

Reaction score
Hi - for the fur I would try Distinctive Fabrics, they have a short fur blue that would look good for a Grover. As for the eyes, use plastic spoons.......good luck!

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
I would get the royal blue shag fur at mendels furs- do a test boil and boil the fur to see if it would give you the texture and length you need- you might have to trim it down before or after boiling. For the eyes I would vacuum form them, or order from Puppet Planet the Eclipse eyes or the black light eyes and scrape/sand the pupil off.

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
PS- You can get samples from Mendels and do the test on the sample instead of purchasing a couple of meters and find out it won't work.

Animal31

Reaction score
Question about boiling the fur, how long should it boil for? In the past I've boiled it and it would seem to smooth back out again once handled?

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Depends on the fabric- some fabric I had to boil for 15 minutes and others I just had to place the fur in the water and take it out after 3 stirs. Test it out.