DARK CRYSTAL 2 still in script phase!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't say any politician has a lack of basic cognitive function, but some do represent mediocrity when government should require greatness. A mayor that would allow her city, by either ignorance or self-interest, to charge victims of rape for their own rape kits would fall beneath any definition of general mediocrity. My heart is saddened by the callous or disconnected people who would support such a middling-mind. Politics isn't for everybody. No matter what the party affiliation, political officials should command a basic level of respect from everyone in the room. It is my opinion that we lost that in the middle of Presidency number 42 and picked it back up with current President number 44. /soapbox
I agree, she's a bleeding cartoon... and I'd find her entertaining if people weren't following her scariness like lemmings off a cliff. But hey, she can say the nastiest, snottiest, most xenophobic stuff in the world, but if anyone says something bad about her, she cried like a little baby. if you put yourself out there into the public and act looney, chances are someone's going to mock you... especially if you whine about "family values" and let your kids go crazy.

If you treat a scary person with humor, they're not so scary anymore. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and if those people lead us or get influence, it spells disaster.

Back on topic. I love the Jim Henson Company so very much, but could it be they self-sabotage some of these projects during the development phase or is it that they keep getting run-over by the bigger companies out there?
Run over by big companies? They're run over by several small companies and a medium sized dog. The big companies only want to make the same crap until people get sick of them and stop seeing them. Then they just lay low quietly until someone else comes up with the next big thing comes along, then exploit and copy and clone until the cycle starts over again.

Now, by that context, a FR movie SHOULD be considered a nostalic "remake"/rebirth type of film, and even though 90% of them fail, they still make them. There should be nothing stopping an FR movie by that means... but the block is the studio they stupidly partnered with...I've mentioned that. Now, POTDC, I'm not a huge DC buff and I'm not really following it, keeps getting 1 step closer and 87 steps back. Now, here's thew question... is Henson accidentally destroying its own projects by announcing several at once? I want them to, at the VERY least focus on Happy Time Murders Film and give that a chance. Now, i don't think it will be an instant success smash, but it has the potential to be a cult film that plays at college towns at midnight. Any FINISHED project has the potential to raise money for unfinished ones to give them a chance.

So basically, do ONE thing at a time, and MAYBE something good will come up.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
*Scream*
*Beats head against wall*

UGH! Come on, Henson Company! It's been five years since the announcement. Jim Henson was doing a thousand things at once, and he finished his fantasy masterpiece in that time.

Daffney

Reaction score
*Scream*
*Beats head against wall*

UGH! Come on, Henson Company! It's been five years since the announcement. Jim Henson was doing a thousand things at once, and he finished his fantasy masterpiece in that time.
Calm down now.

Consider this, this is a very ambitious project. A mixture of live-action puppetry combined with combined with visual effects filmed in stereoscopic 3D. That takes a really long time to produce.

Also, Omnilab Media, the company that's co-producing this film is an up and coming film studio. It does seem a bit early for a developing studio to do a huge film like this.

I'm a bit snubbed at the progress of the film. :scary:

Mystic Master

Reaction score
I just let out a big sigh after watching that youtube vid, I figured I'd be seeing this in the theatre next year, haha - I'd like to at least see it before the world ends.