I Guess we can Never Step Outside Again...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What with all that radiation heading our way, and all.

And it's really eerie, considering Inside Edition did a thing on "What to do in the event of a nuclear disaster" a few weeks ago.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I don't think the US is in any danger. We're 5-6,000 miles from where the real danger is. That's a very long distance -- too far for any radiation to travel and still be harmful.

The people of Japan affected by this crisis need all the support they can get.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes, but the problem is that there are people coming off plains in the US with traces of radiation on them. That does bring it a bit closer to us...
:eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think the US is in any danger. We're 5-6,000 miles from where the real danger is. That's a very long distance -- too far for any radiation to travel and still be harmful.

The people of Japan affected by this crisis need all the support they can get.
Yeah, I'd be far more concerned with all the people who live within dangerous areas around there than any of us, even on the West coast. Sure, there's a head wind blowing that stuff easterly, but that's GOOD! It's blowing and dispersing it past the high level cities. But it's still very horrifying over there, and the aftershocks are still going on... and there's so much uncertainty... Hopefully they find a solution and things get better. We don't want this thing to happen to any country, not even ones with volatile, nasty rulers.

But I'd say we're safe, and Inside Edition is doing what it does best, being all loud and in your face and annoying. I'd say we'd have more of a problem with Charlie Sheen according to that show.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I doubt this would be as bad as Chernobyl (kinda scary how it's almost been 25 years since that happened :eek:), since the Fukushima plants seem to be much better built than Chernobyl's, though I don't know for sure.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The difference between Chernobyl and this is that Chernobyl wasn't hit with multiple record breaking Earthquakes... one was a preventable accident, this not so much. This is only happening because the damage was irrevocable. You can only prepare for so much, even in an Earthquake zone. I just hope these last ditch solutions ease some of what's going on... I don't think they can completely stop it, unless something miraculous happens with said last ditch efforts.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are there any MC members from Japan?
Just one that I can think of: he posted a link in a thread trying to show us some sort of a Japanese knock-off of Kermit... and the link gave me a virus that permanently ruined my D-drive, so now I can't use CDs or DVDs on my computer anymore.

Other than that, I (and I think others) do have family in Japan: I have a brother, sister-in-law, and two nephews. :concern:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Just one that I can think of: he posted a link in a thread trying to show us some sort of a Japanese knock-off of Kermit... and the link gave me a virus that permanently ruined my D-drive, so now I can't use CDs or DVDs on my computer anymore.

Other than that, I (and I think others) do have family in Japan: I have a brother, sister-in-law, and two nephews. :concern:
Hope they are safe, D'snowth.

In regards to your first post, the levels of radiation that are to reach the U.S. are supposed to be minimal. The radiation has a very short half-life and should disperse over the ocean.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hope they are safe, D'snowth.
I do too. I don't get to see them very often, but we all had sort of a little mini family reunion here a couple of years ago, so it was really great to see them again, and see how they were doing, and how much the boys have grown (and how amusing it was that one of my nephews recognized his beloved toy cow he accidentally left behind about five or six years earlier when he was just a toddler).
In regards to your first post, the levels of radiation that are to reach the U.S. are supposed to be minimal. The radiation has a very short half-life and should disperse over the ocean.
Now I have the urge to watch that "Dirty Bomb" SST parody segment from MADtv on YouTube.

BIG BIRD: Hey Oscar, you were a lot closer to the radiation than I was, how come you're not infected?
OSCAR: I got a kick-a s s immune system! I've been livin' in my own crap for 30 years, that's how come!