Potentially Opening my own Puppet Theater

Puppetainer

Reaction score
Yahoooo! That's awesome dude! I too am SO EXCITED for you! I still remember the thrill of opening the doors on my own business 20 years ago. It's a challenging road, but man what an adventure! Best of luck buddy!:crazy:

crazy chris

Reaction score
thanks for the kind words charlie and p-tainer!

ive got a great team...who just want to puppeteer....so it definately eases the blow

cant wait to start sending pictures and vids!

stay tuned!

cc

crazy chris

Reaction score
quick update

sorry ive been neglecting the board lately.... ive been spending all my free time working on this venture.... doing all the graphic design work for decor and marketing posters...

the entire enterior is going to look like a circus tent...lol...very colorful.... and the mayor called me and welcomed me to the block.... apparently they are trying to refurbish the plaza im in to an entertainment community and a celebration of the arts...and they were delighted to hear that simply by accident our venture complimented their plans so much...

they allready have a playhouse theatre which teaches classes 3 times a week...and puts new productions on every couple months.... and now i hear they are putting in a dinner theatre as well.....exciting times!

theyve also asked me to possibly teach a puppeteering course in my spare time...so we will see how that plays out...

hope to have pics of the progress soon!

take care guys!

cc

Puppetainer

Reaction score
Wow! Sounds super exciting! As a former small town business owner I would encourage you to make contact with the other theaters in town. Most small businesses see the upside of working together for their mutual benefit. I'm sure there will be lots of opportunities for you guys to work together and plan ways to compliment each other's business. If the town doesn't already have some kind of yearly or seasonal arts festival that would be a great thing to get going. And check to see if the city has any boards or committees you could become involved with that plan these sorts of things.

Of course you and your team have probably already covered all the stuff I just mentioned. Thing is I can't help it. The excitement of starting a new business really gets my creative/entrepreneurial juices flowing! I'm so excited for you. You're lucky I don't live nearby. I'd be REALLY driving you crazy with all my ideas and showing up at all hours of the day and night saying, "COME ON LET'S GO BUILD SOME STUFF!"
:big_grin:

crazy chris

Reaction score
hahaha marc...i wish ya did live closer... id put you to work! hahaha

were definately doing our best to mingle with all the other business owners and employees... its so great to see grown adults eyes light up and watch them turn into 6 year old kids when we mention what we're doing... a lady at the tax office actually did a little puppet show with her hands for me... i didnt know what to say...lol

cc

Melonpool

Reaction score
I think there's a lot of interest in puppets right now -- if not by Hollywood types, then with the audience is extremely hungry for this sort of thing. I've experienced the same wonder and willingness to help out of just about everyone that I've told about my little movie project. I say we just keep going like we're going.

crazy chris

Reaction score
I think there's a lot of interest in puppets right now -- if not by Hollywood types, then with the audience is extremely hungry for this sort of thing. I've experienced the same wonder and willingness to help out of just about everyone that I've told about my little movie project. I say we just keep going like we're going.
amen to that MP

i feel so blessed to be doing this sorta thing at this stage in my life..... its like a rebirth....and every day is more exciting than the last!

im excited to see what happens with the new muppet movie...and have no doubt it will generate an even greater curiosity about what we do...

cc

Puppetainer

Reaction score
I have to agree that puppets still have a lot of excitement and energy around them. Anytime that I tell someone that I build and perform puppets they get really excited. And when I was talking about opening a puppet theater there was a lot of enthusiasm from pretty much anyone I shared that with.

Whether people talk about it or not, whether they're considered "cool" or not, whether there's a presence on TV or in the movies or not the Muppets and puppets in general remain close to the heart of just about everyone. Puppets create their own special kind of magic that touches the kid in most people. I'm thrilled to be a part of it!

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
so i walked out the door....went to the bank....and now i stand here with a set of keys in my hand...LOL.... i guess i own a puppet theater now guys...
This might very well be the best line in Muppet Central history...